Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Speed cameras on N3. working!!!

• 23-07-2009 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Just today got letter in post from the Garda Siochana. 80 Euro??
    Caught me at Dunboyne. These cameras haven't worked in years, I'm quite certain, but now, because there's a recession, they do. Nice little earner.

One of the cameras was set on fire before, but they have kept the burnt-out look. There are no signs for these cameras either???

I know I was in the wrong, but I thought they had to have signs nowadays?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Hey,
    Caught me at Dunboyne. These cameras haven't worked in years, I'm quite certain, but now, because there's a recession, they do. Nice little earner.

One of the cameras was set on fire before, but they have kept the burnt-out look. There are no signs for these cameras either???

Which one was it?
    http://www.irishspeedtraps.com/index.aspx?filter=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

They have speed limit signs.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

They always worked , its just that out of all the boxes they have around the country they only have 3 cameras ( and I think one some of them got burned in a fire accident which they move around the place. :D They must have put a camera into that one again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Just FYI, I'm pretty sure the N4 one at Lucan is gone now, or else there's maybe 20 people who'll be pissed off after yesterday's speeding when they get an FPN. Even the lines on the road are gone now thanks to the new road layout and that.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

Just FYI, I'm pretty sure the N4 one at Lucan is gone now, or else there's maybe 20 people who'll be pissed off after yesterday's speeding when they get an FPN. Even the lines on the road are gone now thanks to the new road layout and that.

I'll check that one out, thanks for the heads up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The ones on the N4 by the Spa Hotel are definitely gone. The boxes were taken away last year and were never put back.
    I reckon they kept the old lines there to make people slow down. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

The N4 camera was switched off as well at least a month before they removed it. Great little earner that camera as it was dubbed 'The Culchie Trap', nearly every second person I worked with in Galway had been nabbed by that camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

old lines are tarred over with neew road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Hey,
    Caught me at Dunboyne.

What speed were you doing? Isn't that camera at the section where it goes down to 60km/h?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Cionád wrote: »
    What speed were you doing? Isn't that camera at the section where it goes down to 60km/h?

Now that really annoys me. Its 60 after the camera so the camera is set for over 80 ( and probably more like 100) . Why do people slam on the brakes coming up to it. The sign is after it not before. And anyway a road works speed sign means nothing. You have to change a by law to set a speed limit. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Now that really annoys me. Its 60 after the camera so the camera is set for over 80 ( and probably more like 100) . Why do people slam on the brakes coming up to it. The sign is after it not before. And anyway a road works speed sign means nothing. You have to change a by law to set a speed limit. ;)

does this apply to the m50 roadworks sign all the way from blanch to the m1 junction???(has the law been changed for that part) I have never ever seen someone do 60kph on that stretch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Trying to stick to the 60kph limit on the M50 seems like a great way to get run off the road.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Saab Ed wrote: »

Im pretty sure it's set for 80, they moved the 80 limit to before the camera a while back and re done the lines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Stephen wrote: »
    Trying to stick to the 60kph limit on the M50 seems like a great way to get run off the road.

I tried doing that a few weeks back. Mental. Heading northbound, you have to drive in the middle lane. The left lane is marked for N2 traffic, so I was going straight. It's dangerous doing that speed limit.

Advertisement