Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunky Dory Bake

Options
  • 23-07-2009 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Hunky Dory Bake.

I was just looking at the chicken and broccoli bake thread there and saw that someone suggested using campbells condensed soup, and I just remembered a recipe my mum used to make for me with my favorite crisps. It sounds weird but its simple and amazing!

Ingredients: (serves 4)

1 Red Onion (very finely chopped)
    3 Breasts of Chicken
    1 tin campbells condensed chicken soup
    1 or 2 packs of cheese and onion hunky dorys (depending how health conscious you are, i normally through in most of one of those big bags :o)
    salt and freshly crushed black pepper
    White and/or red cheddar grated cheese
    Tarragon

Dice the chicken breasts, season and fry with the red onion in a pan. When chicken is cooked add a tin of soup with some water until you get the desired thickness of the sauce. Add salt to the sauce and a little tarragon to taste.

Lay chicken and sauce in the bottom of baking dish, lay hunky dorys on top, then cover with grated cheese on top of that and put in the oven at 180 until the cheese is nicely melted and golden brown.

Once ready serve with either rice or roast potatoes. Probably not the healthiest meal but damn tasty and very savoury!

Advertisement