Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Surly Cross Check frame + fork + other bits

• 23-07-2009 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I want to upgrade to a different bike so my Cross Check Frame is up for sale.

It's size 56cm, colour "misty mountain grey"

It's in reasonable condition, few nicks here and there but no dents. There's one particularly bad scratch on the seat tube but that's the worst of it. There are patches of rust on the bottom bracket shell, in the seat tube and in the steerer tube.

The frame is extremely versatile. The dropouts are 132.5mm wide so it can take road or mtb hubs. The dropouts are also semi-horizontal so you can run it fixed or single speed without the need for a tensioner. There is huge clearence for tires and mudguards (think 47mm without fenders)

Cheapest price I can find is Wiggle @ GBP306.80 + 9.99 postage = 367 euro. Will take 175 euro for this.

Also I have

- ITM alloy drop bars 46cm wide - 15 euro

- Tektro RX-5 Mini V brake calipers (pads recently replaced) - 20 euro

- Lightly used rear 700c wheel with Shimano 8/9sp freehub - 45 euro

- Shimano Deore long cage rear derailleur (never used) - 20 euro

- Powerplay CHT100 Single Speed Chain Tensioner (never used) - 15 euro

- Shimano Alfine Chain Tensioner (never used) - 20 euro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Here's some pictures of the frame

3749520483_982e31a702.jpg?v=0

3750311682_29552b9042.jpg?v=0

3750313334_72fe70c2b0.jpg?v=0

3749523655_7c08d0b622.jpg?v=0

Oh forgot to say the headset is included in the sale, as are the stem and spacers (if needed).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭JMJR

Hi, you have a pm.
    John

Price drop : will take 150 euro for the frame + fork + headset.

Just done some more digging in my shed and came out with the following

- Waterproof overshoes size 46-48 (15 euro)

- Pair of Vittoria road shoes. Used for a few hundred km's. One of the straps is a bit chewed (by a dog). There's a set of Look Keo cleats (the grey ones) on them. They might need changing. Silver/black. Size 48. (20 euro)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29 kiptinui

Is it possible to come out and take a look at this on the w/e? I'll buy the frame/forks/stem etc. if it seems a good fit. PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29 kiptinui

Due to silliness on my part, I won't be taking this frame/fork!

Advertisement