Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Way Advice

Options
  • 23-07-2009 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi guys,

I'm hoping to walk the Wicklow Way in a few weeks' time and would love some tips from those of you who have done this before, or perhaps live nearby.

My time is a little limited, so I was thinking of only doing the first 80km approx, until Aughavannagh. My main problem is that from here there appears to be no public transport to get back to Dublin! From Aughavannagh, can a taxi take you to a train station/bus stop?

If anyone on here has done the WW before, please send me a quick message, because I'd love to ask you one or two other questions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I've done the whole lot but it's been quite a while now. Still may be able to help you.

If you are intent on only doing part of it I would suggest stopping at Auchavana (sp?) as after that gets pretty crappy. Would probably need to arrange a lift from there though

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tupelopenny

yep, you can get taxis to pick you up and bring you back to towns. I have used them a few times.
    I have walked the Wicklow way 4 or 5 times. Try to do most of it every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Reea

Ah thanks guys, that's great! I'm really looking forward to this now... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Hi,

If you check out the wicklowway website it probably has some local transport phone numbers. The pub in Glenmalure (which would be the ideal stopover place for the night) could arrange, I'm sure, to have you collected from Ironbridge, which is the next logical 'stop' point on the Wicklow way - about 2k from Aughavannagh. Aughrim Cabs is the nearest local taxi company.

Regards,

Mick

Advertisement