Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of 2 months in Oz and NZ leaving Jan

Options
  • 23-07-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Im thinking of going to Oz and NZ in january for 2 months(spending a month in each county). I am unsure as to how much money I will need. I have allowed approx €1200 for the flights to from sydney and between sydney and auckland! is this realistic?I have priced flights to sydney for those dates and they are approx €1000 and then around €200 for flights to auckland. But how much money would i need to keep myself for the two months, for food, hostels and trips etc??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

It really depends. I'd think you'd be safe enough with €1,500 per month and €500 just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Night_Prowler

I think thats a conservative estimate, I did a month doing the east coast of Oz and 5 weeks in NZ. Did everything I wanted to do, sky diving, bungee, fraser, Whitsundays etc, and plenty of boozing and I easily spent 5 grand I reckon, after flights. Transport around both locations need to be factored in as well as your hostels, your looking at approx $30 per night as a rough guide.

Advertisement