Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking For a new mmo

Options
  • 23-07-2009 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hey people, just looking for ideas for a new mmo to play. I started off playing wow it was fun but i recently got bored of it & i find the community becoming more elitest. So i decided to leave & look into playing a new mmo so i'm just looking for gamers ideas on some decent mmo to try. I have tried conan didn't like the combat system lotro doesn't seem to bad of a choice & I will be trying aion when it comes out.

Any ides?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Get away from the generic Team 1 vs Team 2 MMOs like WoW where you join forces to bash AI. Try for something a little more personal like Darkfall or Mortal Online(not out yet)

They're different, if WoW is all you've played before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 murfz

Well i have palyed aoc & lotro also didn't really like aoc but lotro wasn't all that bad. I looked up darkfall & mortal on your suggestion,they look interesting if I am going to try one like that i will more than likely hold out untill mortal comes out. Wow was my introduction to MMOs but as i said i have outgrown it. Cheers for the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Try Pardus? It's not as glitzy or as goodlooking as WoW, but it's got a great community. It's kindof like that old game, Elite, a mix of trading and combat, based in space. It's 2d, though, so if exciting graphics are what turn you on this won't.

It's free (with some small paid-for advantages if you want 'em), and as I say, it has a great community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

runescape

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

darkfall is fun and mo looks good too but you will be waiting a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Aion is coming out soon. It sounds promising.

Looking for a new one myself.

Prenderb wrote: »
    Try Pardus? It's not as glitzy or as goodlooking as WoW, but it's got a great community. It's kindof like that old game, Elite, a mix of trading and combat, based in space. It's 2d, though, so if exciting graphics are what turn you on this won't.

It's free (with some small paid-for advantages if you want 'em), and as I say, it has a great community.

Going to give Pardus a try but i will be trying both Aion & Mortal when they are out! The whole full loot thing in mortal seems interesting,like bringing a bit of fear into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

murfz wrote: »
    Going to give Pardus a try but i will be trying both Aion & Mortal when they are out! The whole full loot thing in mortal seems interesting,like bringing a bit of fear into the game.

yeah it does give you a rush :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Try PlanetSide out - http://planetside.station.sony.com/
    Bloody good game :)

cheers for all your tips on which mmos to play i'm just trying out a few of them now. But I will be getting aion when it comes out for sure can't wait to try it out....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭smithy1981

murfz wrote: »
    cheers for all your tips on which mmos to play i'm just trying out a few of them now. But I will be getting aion when it comes out for sure can't wait to try it out....

If you preorder it now you can play all this weekend in the beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

its fairly long in the tooth now but you could try City of Heroes. If you ever wanted to prance abou tin spandex then this is the game for you! great community a huge amount of content (expecially for a new player, I've been playing about 54years and I've still stuff left undone). City of Villains is the evil side (but its a bit dissappointing in that its not really evil enough) and there's a new expansion coming out soon along with the free updates and pay-for bonus packs, its the game that keep on giving :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

LoLth wrote: »
    I've been playing about 54years
    Wow :p

I'd almost say wait for Champions Online at this stage, as it seems to have pretty much everything CoX has. Always wanted to get into it, but i tried it after Warcraft, and around issue 5 i think, and just couldnt get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

damn these fat fingers of mine!!! :D I meant 4 years playing time but I took a break so I've been in the game for five :)

I played the Beta of CO and.. well, i cant really put my finger on it.. its good.. its different from CoH but its..

a. very american (no offense to americans) in the sense that you can always tell an american sitcom from an english one

b. very very arcadey and not as immersive (though CoH could be more immersive)

c. over the top comic book (golden age) for my liking.. i prefer more gritty.

I'll more than likely try out champions online when the retail is released but unless a lot is changed i'll be sticking with CoH.

LoLth wrote: »
    its fairly long in the tooth now but you could try City of Heroes. If you ever wanted to prance abou tin spandex then this is the game for you! great community a huge amount of content (expecially for a new player, I've been playing about 54years and I've still stuff left undone). City of Villains is the evil side (but its a bit dissappointing in that its not really evil enough) and there's a new expansion coming out soon along with the free updates and pay-for bonus packs, its the game that keep on giving :D

Lol 54 years :D yeah seems good. Sony have a mmo in development DC Universe which is along the lines of City of Heroes which you may be interested in. I won't bother with the Aion beta this weekend as I won't be able to play it smithy but if anyone plays the beta this weekend let me know how it goes..... cheers:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3 touraneenajames

Play evony good game requires time and dedication tho, and join a new server not developed one, wont stand a chance there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 hama33

anyone know any good 2D MMO's? I used to play Conquer Online back in the day but thats gone to the dogs!!

Advertisement