Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sequined jackets?? Yay or Nay?

• 23-07-2009 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

What do we think??!
    some have shoudler pads, so prob not suited to bigger sizes...mm

wear with all plain gear?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

yay where can i get one??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

Topshop,., dorothey ps.. really dear tho!! and of course penneys!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

Big Yay from me, I just got a friend to buy me one in Matalan in Glasgow, she is bringing it over for me in a couple of weeks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 SaveAFewBob.ie

I adore them, I've been lusting after a gold sequined long blazer for months now ( think cruise ship entertainment host).

I found a gorgeous gold linen blazer in a charity shop and that's scratched my itch.

I find ebay.com is amazing for sourcing unusual pieces. You can be quite specific in your search as well, narrowing down size, colour, vintage or new etc.

For those who are afraid of shopping online, be sure to request measurments unless your familiar with the brand to make sure it fits you.

Make sure to check the shipping prices also - I've gotten stung before myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

They're great when worn properly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

On me, personally no but I know some people can work that look pretty well...seen them in Topshop...pricey tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

i have visions of knacker girls.....have you an example?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

I saw the most stunning white one in zara a few weeks ago but their website doesn't seem to have pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZARA-NEW-WHITE-SEQUINS-BLAZER-TUXEDO-JACKET-MEDIUM-10-M_W0QQitemZ310151563390QQcmdZViewItemQQptZWomen_s_Clothing?hash=item483679487e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A2134%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50#ebayphotohosting
    is it that one?
    i'd love a nice one now would look great with jeans and stuff - but then i need a nice pair of new jeans - and a top - i feel a shopping spree comin on ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

They're dreadful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

NAY! Is this thread serious :p

4368P_d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 blanaidhennessy

...says yes.

I like them worn with casual clothes - over a white t-shirt and denim shorts type thing, not so much for nights out...

[SNIP]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

saw them on 3 knackers today round 15 to 18 in pink and gold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭valery

Sizzler wrote: »
    NAY! Is this thread serious :p

4368P_d.jpg
    Im off to throw up. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I have seen them look nice on some girls but tbh, I don't think I could ever pull one off. Saw a nice sequinned waist coat in River Island a while ago though and was gonna buy it! Little more tame for me than a blazer full of sequins! Think they are pretty cool though, especially if you wear with all black or whatever :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 SequinStiletto

Yay for sure! I mean im fairly curvy if ya get me but like sure why not! theyre statement and if youre into attracting attention theyre a winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Unless it's Balmain then no, I don't think so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jenniwenni

There is a lovely, fairly plain one in A-wear, not too much sparkle. Its €60, I've been mulling over it for a couple of weeks

http://www.awear.com/Jackets/Sequin-Blazer/invt/10600689

the pic does it no justice BTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I think they're nice, blazer type ones, not too long with a plain vest top and skinny jeans or shorts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I've a sequin waistcoat, bag, skirt, hats and used to have shoes (but they had to be thrown out :( ). Not sure if I could pull off the jacket though as I've broad shoulders. Like nearly anything in fashion - can be worn well or not so well. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

...says yes.

I like them worn with casual clothes - over a white t-shirt and denim shorts type thing, not so much for nights out...

I'm not sure about them at all.
    If you didn't wear them going out where would you wear them? I haven't spotted anyone in one yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

from a lads perspective

Yuck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

There was a gorgeous one in Topshop that I fell in love with but it was gone when I went to buy it. It depends on the particular jacket. An awful lot of them look really cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

agree with janeybabe-ive seen one or two that look ok, but on the whole they look like cheap disco trash!
    overall concensus-NAY

Advertisement