Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen Fry's Harry Potter audiobooks

Options
  • 23-07-2009 4:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Just got the full Harry Potter audiobooks. Anyone else got them? What you think of them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Yeh i downloaded the half blood prince when i was too lazy to read.

There really good. Some people prefer them to reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Yea I've got them too. He does a great job of reading them and is easy to listen to. Oddly, for America they get Jim Dale (of Carry On fame) to read the books :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I think they're great.
    One funny thing I noticed was that I had totally missed some of the clever word play in the books till I heard Stephen reading it. e.g. Diagon Alley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ScribesQuill

I don't own them but I heard an excerpt of one of them and as I suspected Stephen Fry's 'dulcet tones' are perfect for the books!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

deRanged wrote: »
    I think they're great.
    One funny thing I noticed was that I had totally missed some of the clever word play in the books till I heard Stephen reading it. e.g. Diagon Alley.
    I never noticed that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Anyone care to explain :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

turgon wrote: »
    Anyone care to explain :o

Explain which? Diagon alley...Diagonally?
    Why they get Jim Dale to read them? This, I cannot explain. Stephen Fry does a marvellous job.

Advertisement