Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'United in Diversity''

Options
  • 23-07-2009 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

What a sham, all the EU is about is how it will benefit me(me referring to indivudal country)

Everyone will be all on about how wonderful EU is as long as its take take take take take, such good Pro-Europeans aren't we? And look at those anti-European Brits, bad bad bad bad.

The true Europeans are the Germans, French and British. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

dont judge the Brits by their media (which is mostly owned by 1 man who is very afraid of the EU going after him for monopoly reasons)

they want a monarchy/parliament system and they ended up paying for it by not being able to stop a war in Iraq despite millions of people protesting

they didnt want the euro and savers/pensions ended up loosing 30% value as the pound was devalued

but thats what the people there want and i respect it, tho i don't agree

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

What a sham, all the EU is about is how it will benefit me(me referring to indivudal country)

Everyone will be all on about how wonderful EU is as long as its take take take take take, such good Pro-Europeans aren't we? And look at those anti-European Brits, bad bad bad bad.

The true Europeans are the Germans, French and British. :mad:

Well countries such as Germany and France are the cornerstones of the EU. With regards to the UK, as I understand it they still are a receiver of EU money not a pure giver, which is something that is worth looking at. Ireland, for example, will be a net giver next year(according to some threat quoting some article i've read somewhere- i know, a really reliable source:rolleyes: )

but i get your point we need to be able to give something back, to make some concessions and compromises and people need to realize that.

Mario007 wrote: »
    Well countries such as Germany and France are the cornerstones of the EU. With regards to the UK, as I understand it they still are a receiver of EU money not a pure giver, which is something that is worth looking at. Ireland, for example, will be a net giver next year(according to some threat quoting some article i've read somewhere- i know, a really reliable source:rolleyes: )

but i get your point we need to be able to give something back, to make some concessions and compromises and people need to realize that.

ireland was meant to be a net contributor next year according to 2007 forecasts

obviously its not gonna happen anytime soon now

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    ireland was meant to be a net contributor next year according to 2007 forecasts

obviously its not gonna happen anytime soon now

yeah i totally forgot about the economic problems there for a second, but yes you're right:D

Mario007 wrote: »
    yeah i totally forgot about the economic problems there for a second, but yes you're right:D

the figures are here (tables 10,11)

http://www.finance.irlgov.ie/documents/publications/other/BES2008.pdf

thanks to Scofflaw for finding it before

• Advertisement

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    the figures are here (tables 10,11)

http://www.finance.irlgov.ie/documents/publications/other/BES2008.pdf

thanks to Scofflaw for finding it before

thanks for that...now i have a more reliable source:D

Advertisement