Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roses are Red (opinion pls)

• 23-07-2009 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭

Which do ye prefer, the Color or my Black-n-White version ?
    I had read that Olympus cameras produce a lovely bright RED so........I put it to the test, and nothing better than a red rose....!

Color: (not much processing involved):

9588AF5202254AE28194FF8B69AC2D98-500.jpg

B&W: ('calculations' version, inspired by Adams (but not gettin even close!!)):

7E3283E27B90402CBEC74A4556CEA245-500.jpg

A much processed B&W version:

ECD331E0F8AF4732ADE8049A95BB00FF-500.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I like the colour better, I'd also like to see the 2nd BW version in colour actually... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

Colour is probably the better of the 3!
    but I think the black and whites lack punch. I think with some alternative BW pp it would maybe look better in BW than in colour. Just my opinion, I am going through a very high contrast BW phase :) so I could be way off the beaten track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Could you have the rose and petels in colour and the backround in black & white?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭zdooldreb

I really like the colour one. Great detail with the water droplets.
    I also feel the black and white ones lack a bit of ummmph.
    Having no idea if this would work but hows about a red rose and the rest in black and white?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They're all very nice but the red rose against the dark colour provides more contrast and punch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Thanks for the replies. I thought the B&W lacked a little.............something alright, can't put my finger on it. I will try your suggestions, I must admit I hadn't thought of doing a selective color on the 1st one.......mmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

And another one who prefers the colour version. The b&w lose the power and the details I absolutely like in the colour one. And as you said: Roses are red - not black and white;)

Advertisement