Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting on other club's land

Options
  • 23-07-2009 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

I'm in the local gun club but have been asked to shoot pigeons on other clubs land, can i do this with permission from the land owner or will it cause problems with the other clubs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

greenpeter wrote: »
    I'm in the local gun club but have been asked to shoot pigeons on other clubs land, can i do this with permission from the land owner or will it cause problems with the other clubs?

As long as you have the landowners permission I can't see a problem......if the club who have the land were making a serious effort to control the pigeons then the landowner may not have to ask non-club members.

If the club who have permission kick up a fuss & complain to the landowner they risk losing the permission themselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

plus one with J.Rs s comments, shoot away, all shooting in this country has to be with landowners consent-you got it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭raptorman

A curtesy call to the head of the other gun club might not go astray though., just to be polite.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

+1 on both raptorman and JR.
    Once you have permission from the land owner, that's the end of it - even more so if you have an invitation. However, a courtesy call to the local club wouldn't go amiss.

P.S. as long as it's not in our land!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

Thanks lads, thats happy days for me so got asked by a few lads to shoot pigeons on barley and wheat but its not in our club, I'll try get in touch with other clubs to let them know i'm coming. God i love decoying :D:D:D

• Advertisement

+1 on both raptorman and JR.
    Once you have permission from the land owner, that's the end of it - even more so if you have an invitation. However, a courtesy call to the local club wouldn't go amiss.

P.S. as long as it's not in our land!!!!!!:D
    Alot of corn down your neck of the woods;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

could also lead to a foot in the door of the club if you wanted it.? Be nice, its nice to be nice:D

but keep out of cavan:mad::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

if there nargc clubs there might be a problem ,been a member of the nargc and a club affiliated to them they have agreements in place .

one i know is not to cross boundaries.

if the farmer in question lets the club shoot his lands they might kick up .
    even at county level then the crap for will start for you.
    if the farmer has no agreement with the local club or has given you a go a head you should be grand.
    also a lot of the cereal ground is let out the owner of the land might not own the crop you will be shooting over.

easy for guys to give you the go a head hear .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

jwshooter wrote: »
    if there nargc clubs there might be a problem ,been a member of the nargc and a club affiliated to them they have agreements in place .

one i know is not to cross boundaries.

if the farmer in question lets the club shoot his lands they might kick up .
    even at county level then the crap for will start for you.
    if the farmer has no agreement with the local club or has given you a go a head you should be grand.
    also a lot of the cereal ground is let out the owner of the land might not own the crop you will be shooting over.

easy for guys to give you the go a head hear .
    Nargc clubs of which i am a member of 3 secretary of 2 rely on the good will of the farming community, if a farmer gives you permission to shoot, you have permission to shoot and if it annoys the local club they can do f all about it we have a similiar problem with fellas getting permission to shoot on land and can do nothing. I am not taking vermin. I am taking pheasants and ducks. be respectful of what you have permission for and as i said be nice.
    O

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

People coming in to shoot another clubs pheasants is always a bone of contention - especially if a club has spent a lot of money on birds.
    From my reading of the OP's post, he actually has an invitation, not just permission, so he's definitely good to go!

• Advertisement

I'll be ringing or calling to the other clubs to tell them i am going shooting pigeons and that i was asked to do it by the farmer, its only fair after all. The last thing i want is to create problems with other clubs.

Advertisement