Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Know Anything About World Of Warcraft As A Gift?

• 23-07-2009 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I want to buy some sort of world of warcraft subscription as a gift for someone. They have already taken part in the 30 day free trial.

I am wondering what exactly i need to purchase & do i need their login details etc. to do it?

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

you'll prob get a better answer here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Buy the original game and go to www.wow-europe.com go to account management, put in the account details and i imagine it will give you the option to upgrade the account via the cd key you recieve with the game. Make sure its the original game you buy and not "The Burning Crusade" or "The Lich King". Its a subscription service so you will also have to give credit card info or you could buy a 60 day game card (28 euro?) to get around the credit card thing. You add the game card the same way as you upgrade from trial (pretty much the same).

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭af666x

If they've already played the 30 day trial, (i'd say this is the first free month you get with the original WoW disc) just buy a pre-paid game card and give it to them.

If you're going with the online method, you need their account login details etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

You dont need to buy the original game if you got the trial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I think what they mean Psyco is that the "30 day trial" is the 30 days free subscription that comes with the game, which means they just need more game-time to continue playing.

Hence the "buy a gamecard" suggestions.

So yes, you can buy a 30 or 60 day gamecard from most games shops or online. If you are particularly interested you should be able to pick up a 25 year gamecard on ebay - if you are lucky...

• Advertisement
Advertisement