Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Male Waxing

• 23-07-2009 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm off on my hols in 2 weeks. Have spent last 3 months getting fit in preparation. I have hairy chest and abs area. I want to get these areas waxed to show off my efforts over the last few months for vanity purposes and because it looks much cleaner.

I got it done about a year ago also and it really really hurt. Are there any ways (anaestethic sprays etc) I can go about reducing the pain involved?

I love the look after it but am not sure I can endure the pain again.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Might be stating the obvious here, but trim it first (as short as you can). If there is any length in the hair at all, it'll hurt like hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 SaveAFewBob.ie

If you go for a hot wax over the strip wax it's much less painful

- think 6/10 on the pain scale for the hot wax compared to 10/10 for the strip. It usually only costs a few euro more, and it's well worth it.

I'm based in Dublin and go to Braziala on South William St. Just chatting with them when I'm getting my procedures done, they said they have a lot of male clients. If you give them a ring I'm sure they will give you all the tips like:

-make sure the hair is at least 1/4 of an inch long so it can be gripped
    -avoid caffeine, nicotine and sugar for 2 hours before as it increases your sensitivity etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Hair removal cream is the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Grow a pair of ****ing balls man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Celtic67

Varkov wrote: »

Nice one Buddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Varkov wrote: »

Varkov you have been banned previously for trolling. If you start up again with comments like what I have quoted I will have to ban you again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Pop some ibuprofen half an hour to an hour beforehand, that should take some of the sting out of it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 callmedavey

I get the brazilian (male) in brazilia for a while now. Not nearly as painful as it sounds, looks & feels great the next day.

Advertisement