Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

black tiles

Options
  • 23-07-2009 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I put black tiles down in my kitchen. They are kind of like a quarry tile i think. They show up every little piece of dirt and are driving me crazy. What is the best thing to do ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

kkhurler wrote: »
    I put black tiles down in my kitchen. They are kind of like a quarry tile i think. They show up every little piece of dirt and are driving me crazy. What is the best thing to do ?

Black anything shows up every piece of dirt. Black looks well when its clean and shiney.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭secman

We put black tilesdown in an on suite, worst decision ever, should have known as I once had a black car.
    Brand newbuild and we already have a room for a refurb!

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Take them back up or walk in black dirt, Its sad i know but its life. They best tile to hide dirt is a tile that looks dirty already you know the Beige/Brown/Cream tiles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 eosirl08

There really is nothing you can do unfortunately. I recently put them in a kitchen extension and every time i visit the house they give out about how dirty they get. All you can do is be prepared to scrub....a lot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i assume you have a cut stone tile rather than a porcelin tile.

i have a limestone looking tile in my kitchen . there is a seler you can buy to stop oil stain sinking in.

other than that all you have to do it litterally wear them in they will go shiny (ish after a while)

mine look fine not that they are worn a bit.

as for crumbs and stuff a quick sweep sorts that out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Martron wrote: »
    mine look fine not that they are worn a bit.

as for crumbs and stuff a quick sweep sorts that out.

same here, black tiles in kitchen and look better after a while, quick brush sorts them out...very happy with them

Advertisement