Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mnifold from ebay?Any good?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No, stay away imo

many many people bought the cheap manifolds from ebay with their tig welded joints etc but they all started blowing after a few weeks of use.

they simply are not constructed as good as the genuine companies.

have a look on an MX5 owners forum and see what they recommend.
    when i had my evo, i looked into it and the amount of people over on the MLR that bought them and had to take them off a month or so later was unreal.

may have been an issue for the evos or similar cars as the exhaust pressure and turbo pressures would be much higher that your run of the mill NA car but i would do some research first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmm, theres not many of then out there...

how come they making manifold weaker then stock.... :confused:

Any good place in ireland i could get one? And how much would i be expecete to pay for proper one?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hmm, theres not many of then out there...

how come they making manifold weaker then stock.... :confused:

Any good place in ireland i could get one? And how much would i be expecete to pay for proper one?

its something to do with the welds on the ebay manifolds, they always crack. but you could be lucky and get a good one that will last. you could buy one use and when it does start to crack pay a decent welder here to weld up all the joins.

heres one link to people talking about them.

heres another.

best bet is to find a forum for the MX5 and see what is being used sucessfully by others out there.

also depends on the price, it may well be worth a shot at one, but up to you to decide on this one.

also, by upgrading the manifold, you need to help that with a turbo elbow, downpipe and decat then cat back exhaust. if i was you i would start at the other end of the car and get a cat back first, then decat then manifold.

kceire wrote: »
    its something to do with the welds on the ebay manifolds, they always crack. but you could be lucky and get a good one that will last. you could buy one use and when it does start to crack pay a decent welder here to weld up all the joins.

heres one link to people talking about them.

heres another.

best bet is to find a forum for the MX5 and see what is being used sucessfully by others out there.

also depends on the price, it may well be worth a shot at one, but up to you to decide on this one.

also, by upgrading the manifold, you need to help that with a turbo elbow, downpipe and decat then cat back exhaust. if i was you i would start at the other end of the car and get a cat back first, then decat then manifold.

hmm thx m8, i got a link to german company, i can get IL motorsport manifold for 300eu+shiping, so i think ill be going with that one...

Those lads talking about manifold for evos with 500hp, and mine mazda is running 140 stock... So i guess we talking about different preasure... But i might be wrong.

Btw i was told better to start from manifold :confused:, As its moust important, full system wount do much with crapy manifold, correct me if i am wrong!

so far thx on that info ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Don't think a manifold will make a huge difference to a 140bhp car, what exhaust system were you thinking of?

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Don't think a manifold will make a huge difference to a 140bhp car, what exhaust system were you thinking of?

Thinking of putting this:

http://www.mx5parts.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/327

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_fDrbYcSsU

It says full, but i am wondering what thay call full? a back box? :rolleyes:

I whant to put K&N induction kit, and manifold+exhoust system... Atleast thats the plan.

Advertisement