Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Product to keep dogs of Garden Lawn

• 23-07-2009 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know where i can get a product in waterford to keep dogs fouling front garden.I tried a spray thing which didn,t work.Short of shooting at the dogs am at a loss to know what to get.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

i heard human sh*t works! Dunno if its true tho-Ihavnt got around to tryin it yet.:pac:

Failing that,Cayanne Red Pepper is supposed to do the trick...just spread some at the entrance to your garden and around the perimeter...apparently the smell hurts their noses so they will just move on to the next garden...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

Anti freeze :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

Shot gun!:confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

Male urine? The testosterone may work.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I remember the folks getting this horrible green slime looking stuff, think itwas called "keep off" or "Get off" or something like that, as far as I can remember it worked.Think I saw it a while back in Aldi over in Ferry bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Buy a Gun from the Airsoft Fourm? :D

Actually a dog across the road give my cats an awful time would that pepper stuff keep them away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

wolf piss if u can get it ,,the dog will smelll the big bad wolfs territory and head off some were else to do the do do's,if that fails ya put the steel cap bootys on ya sneak up behind the feicer and pretend your ronan o gara kicking 1 between the posts and over the bar lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Meatwad wrote: »
    I remember the folks getting this horrible green slime looking stuff, think itwas called "keep off" or "Get off" or something like that, as far as I can remember it worked.Think I saw it a while back in Aldi over in Ferry bank.

keep off my lawn is another one

homebase have it... aldi were sellin it too...looks like a plastic bottle of ketchup with green jelly like crystals in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I seem to remember people filling up 7up bottles with water and putting 2 or 3 in their garden to keep dogs out. I dunno if it worked though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I seem to remember people filling up 7up bottles with water and putting 2 or 3 in their garden to keep dogs out. I dunno if it worked though.

I think the water bottle only works for cats... It's tried and tested and definately works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

trishw78 wrote: »
    I think the water bottle only works for cats... It's tried and tested and definately works.

Yeah, tried and tested in my mother's house and most definitely did not work! For neither dogs nor cats. If I remember correctly, one or two dogs actually took quite a shine to the bottles and made it their new pissing spot. :)

Never heard of anything to keep dogs away to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

fence???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Triona23

Im really tired of people walking their dogs around Earlscourt and not cleaning up after them. They even allow them to foul on the greens where the children play and then after a quick glance around they take off without cleaning up. Twice I have gone up to them after they have walked off and politely explained that it is not acceptable or legal. On both occasions I have seen these people since cleaning up after their dogs.
    I sprinkle vinegar around the edge of my front garden to prevent them coming in but you would need to do it every second or third day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Meatwad wrote: »

Did the green gell thing today ,within ten mins yep dog crap on garden :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

trishw78 wrote: »
    It's an old Mother's Tale and does not work.

Advertisement