Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

junkie intervention

• 23-07-2009 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Was involved in a minor car collision in Dublin City Centre the other day, just outide a hospital, where I ran into the back of a van. It was all pretty much cool and no damage to the van, but I guess I looked a bit shaken. A couple of junkies (or alcos) were standing outside the hospital and started to intervene. I was thinking 'ffs not now will you just piss off' but naturally didnt say anything. The van driver just 'yea yea'd' them off.

On reflection I remember at least two different guys walked into the road and were saying "ah no damage there" and "sure its the buses fault, they're mad around here".

Just made me think, it was a pretty sound thing to do on their behalf, you wont find many people in any city that will stop to help someone out a little bit like that, actually quite cool, will try and give these guys a bit more credit when I deal with them in future

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I remember ages ago standing waiting for a bus on Dame St, when a rather wobbly young gentleman came up and asked me if I had any spare change.
    I said I barely had enough to get the whole fare home.

So that was grand, he went and hit up everyone else at the stop for change, then he came back to me and I thought 'Ah not again' and prepared my speech, when he handed me 2 euro and said 'Here, that's for your fare love'.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I bet your spare wheel is gone. They probably have rolled and sold now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

A cousin of mine who has epilepsy had a seizure one time in the city center and it was a junkie that called for help and stayed with him until an ambulance arrived

he didn't rob him or anything!

Not all addicts are bad people =p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

A cousin of mine who has epilepsy had a seizure one time in the city center and it was a junkie that called for help and stayed with him until an ambulance arrived

he didn't rob him or anything!

Not all addicts are bad people =p

TBH I'm not as surprized as I should be, most people would just think the guy having a seizure was a junkie and not stop for them, but Junkies know better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

You get rich as.sholes and you get poor as.s holes...you get rich nice guys and you get poor nice guys.Junkies are just people at the end of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

A junkie asked me if he could borrow my earphones once.

I refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

:confused:

Am i in the wrong forum?

This doesn't sound like After hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

This thread needs more stupid comments and idiotic, malinformed opinions. Seriously though, yes, they are people at the end of the day who've taken a couple of wrong turns. There but for the grace of *imagined deity* go all of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

vinylmesh wrote: »
    :confused:

Am i in the wrong forum?

This doesn't sound like After hours.

This is the friendly junkie thread

Would you like to borrow a needle?

Thought this thread would be about having an intervention for somebody who was a junkie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

A junkie asked me if he could borrow my earphones once.

Probably to clean his syringe! :pac:

Only messing, I don't mind folk on the street asking for money, sometimes hand it over too if they put a bit of effort into it, not just stuff a cup of change in my nose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭siobhank

Aw, I love junkies. Was waiting for a Luas and one of them asked for a smoke. Offered him a menthol and he said "Jaysus, would you go 'way ourra dat''. Whips twenty Major out of his pocket (cheeky fecker) and insists I smoke one with him to appreciate a REAL smoke :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

One big fire and burn em all...

That's what's wrong with this country, pandering doo gooders who stand behind the junkies, pushers, murderers and rapists until someone gets stuck with a rotten infected needle because they won't hand over the contents of their pockets.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

I was once collecting for charity for the mayor's fund for the needy in the town I live in outside a Dunnes. At the door there were also two homeless men begging for money. After I had made a good bit one of the homeless chaps comes over me and asks me what my sign says. I told him it said 'The mayor's fund for the needy.' He told me to **** off because I was taking all his business and if I didn't that he'd punch me in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

deepriver wrote: »
    will try and give these guys a bit more credit when I deal with them in future

Give them some Heroin,

They'll appreciate that a lot more..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

The reason they 'got involved' is because junkies are self-righteous cnuts. Was there mention of "I'll be your witness for a claim bud"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭the_god_swan

Some times I have to admire their time keeping on our busy streets, the change over on lower Baggots St. at lunch time, the midnight shift change on Georges st. If half the ****ers i worked with were as punctual... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I remember when 3 white tracksuit wearing junkies tried to rob me when i was drunk asleep behind a skip in Dublin city centre a few years ago.

As drunk as i was i fcuked them all up...bad..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Tan brogue high up the hole is all those cnunts understand.

Trust me on that one folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭LeotheLion

snyper wrote: »
    I remember when 3 white tracksuit wearing junkies tried to rob me when i was drunk asleep behind a skip in Dublin city centre a few years ago.

go away outta that ye bleedin traveller ye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Decided to sleep in the back garden did ya?

• Advertisement

PK2008 wrote: »
    Decided to sleep in the back garden did ya?

thats what the travellers call their caravans in athlone....skips

LeotheLion wrote: »
    thats what the travellers call their caravans in athlone....skips

...says the lad from North Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 TheRavens_dara

Confab wrote: »
    This thread needs more stupid comments and idiotic, malinformed opinions.

as we all know junkies are little more than the sh1t on my shoe!!!!

nah im only messin but really....

...says the lad from North Dublin
    aye miley,,
    I Love Dublin,,
    so get yer bleedin caravan out of here now,,or i'll set it a light

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Junkies are cool

cept when they get all diseased and stabby

other than that, sound lads

aye miley,,
    I Love Dublin,,

Thats good.

Ive a neighbour who comes from Afghanistan he loves it aswell

You'd like living on a farm id say..

smells like sh1t too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 daveydave25

in fairness there are a lot of decent junkies. ive seen posh ***** who are bigger scumbags. burn the ****ers selling gear. any dealer caught selling heroin in this country should be executed. simple as. :eek:

in fairness there are a lot of decent junkies. ive seen posh ***** who are bigger scumbags. burn the ****ers selling gear. any dealer caught selling heroin in this country should be executed. simple as. :eek:

Heroin is the bastard.

There is plenty of D4 pricks snorting half of afghanistans finest dust up their noses but look down on the poor aul bollox that went on heroin.

Junkies dont fill the crime gangs pockets that cause all the trouble in this country.

Its Joe soaps in every town in the country snorting cocaine and dropping pills that make the dealers rich.

So before we condem the junkies as a scurge on society... look at those around you that wears a suit on a monday morning..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I was on Thomas St. one day and I'd locked the keys into the car.
    Along came a junky who kindly offered to help.
    He slid his ridiculously skinny arm around the door seal and opened my car door, saving the day.

Another time I was running in the Dublin Marathon.
    I collapsed in agony half way though with a massive blister on my foot.
    I was about to quit when a kindly junky leaned over and said, "let me get that for ya Bud"
    and popped the blister with his syringe, allowing me to successfully finish the race.

It's high time these junkies got the recognition they deserve.
    Each day they're out on the streets helping us in so many ways.
    Sort of like the Swiss Army knives of society.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

and you had no problem with a junkie sticking a syringe into your skin? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Silverfish wrote: »
    I remember ages ago standing waiting for a bus on Dame St, when a rather wobbly young gentleman came up and asked me if I had any spare change.
    I said I barely had enough to get the whole fare home.

So that was grand, he went and hit up everyone else at the stop
    I didn't realise they were so giving with their smack.

Thats good.

Ive a neighbour who comes from Afghanistan he loves it aswell

You'd like living on a farm id say..

smells like sh1t too

hahahaha
    The only s**t smell is the lumps that are spurting out of your mouth.Please wear a nappy on your mouth,that might help,and stop telling lie's that you gave the 3 Imaginary junkies a beating,obvioulsy you are a coward and see them as an easy target to insult over the Internet,You cant paint them all with the same brush..

You Bleeding pikey you
    la la la

I was about to quit when a kindly junky leaned over and said, "let me get that for ya Bud"
    and popped the blister with his syringe, allowing me to successfully finish the race.

I hope you kept running through the finish line and straight to the AIDS clinic

sarahlulu wrote: »
    and you had no problem with a junkie sticking a syringe into your skin? :confused:

the poster wasnt serious
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Harpie

I was on Thomas St. one day and I'd locked the keys into the car.
    Along came a junky who kindly offered to help.
    He slid his ridiculously skinny arm around the door seal and opened my car door, saving the day.

It's high time these junkies got the recognition they deserve.
    Each day they're out on the streets helping us in so many ways.
    Sort of like the Swiss Army knives of society.
    I think people are missing the mild sarcasm of this post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

hahahaha
    The only s**t smell is the lumps that are spurting out of your mouth.Please wear a nappy on your mouth,that might help,and stop telling lie's that you gave the 3 Imaginary junkies a beating,obvioulsy you are a coward and see them as an easy target to insult over the Internet,You cant paint them all with the same brush..

You Bleeding pikey you
    la la la

Banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

:eek:

jaysus that buzz ended kinda suddint:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭board om

as we all know junkies are little more than the sh1t on my shoe!!!!

nah im only messin but really....

yes, just like all black people are rappers,
    and all nigerians are scam artists,
    and all french people smell,
    and all gay people dress in pink,

and you get the idea?

generalise much? just because someone has a substance abuse problem doesnt make them a piece of sh1t. what makes you so great?

There is plenty of D4 pricks snorting half of afghanistans finest dust up their noses but look down on the poor aul bollox that went on heroin.

i presume you are referring to cocaine that the D4 pricks are doing, but that doesnt come from afghanistan. that would be South America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I always wonder how people differentiate between junkies and everybody else...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

board om wrote: »
    i presume you are referring to cocaine that the D4 pricks are doing, but that doesnt come from afghanistan. that would be South America.

You need to get your facts sorted before you go trying to contradict someone. Over 90% of cocaine is produced in Afghanistan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

ddef wrote: »
    You need to get your facts sorted before you go trying to contradict someone. Over 90% of cocaine is produced in Afghanistan.

Are you sure about that?
    I know that Afghanistan is probably the world leader in heroin production but I never heard of cocaine being produced there.

Do you have a source on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

Over 90% of cocaine is produced in Afghanistan.

O Noes! Al-quida on crack! We're doomed!
    :pac:

Awaits waves of suicide crack hoes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

You need to heed your own advice, most of the worlds cocaine is produced in Columbia. Unless you know something the CIA don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

You need to heed your own advice, most of the worlds cocaine is produced in Columbia. Unless you know something the CIA don't.

I think he is getting coke mixed up with heroin :P

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

I think he is getting coke mixed up with heroin :P

Nothing like a good speedball to wake you up in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

deepriver wrote: »
    Was involved in a minor car collision in Dublin City Centre the other day, just outide a hospital, where I ran into the back of a van. It was all pretty much cool and no damage to the van, but I guess I looked a bit shaken. A couple of junkies (or alcos) were standing outside the hospital and started to intervene. I was thinking 'ffs not now will you just piss off' but naturally didnt say anything. The van driver just 'yea yea'd' them off.

On reflection I remember at least two different guys walked into the road and were saying "ah no damage there" and "sure its the buses fault, they're mad around here".

Just made me think, it was a pretty sound thing to do on their behalf, you wont find many people in any city that will stop to help someone out a little bit like that, actually quite cool, will try and give these guys a bit more credit when I deal with them in future

Junkies can be sound, approachable, likeable, pitiable, but NEVER ever reliable.. treat em as you will, but only count on one thing -you can never count on them. Not even for drugs. By nature they are less than self dependant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I always wonder how people differentiate between junkies and everybody else...

Anyone who walks up to you on the street and isn't a Roma is obviously a Junkie.

Irony is a Bitch. It's Heroin that is produced in Afghanistan, very little Coke if any. Coke is much more a South American thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

You need to get your facts sorted before you go trying to contradict someone. Over 90% of terrorism is produced in Afghanistan.

Cool fact dude.

I think junkies should be rewarded with medals and diamonds for all the hard work they put into helping everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭board om

I have my facts perfectly straight thank you. Cocaine is NOT produced in Afghanistan, it is produced in South America. Cocaine is made from the Coca Plant which grows in South America. Heroin is made from Poppies which grow in Afghanistan, Turkey, and India.

YOU need to get your facts sorted before you go trying to contradict my contradiction.

board om wrote: »

Ill take your word for it.

However...
    Afghanistan and Colombia are, respectively, the world’s leading suppliers of opium/heroin and coca/cocaine. In 2003, Afghanistan produced more than approximately 76 per cent of the world’s opium supply, while Colombia produced 67 per cent of the global supply of cocaine

Taken from the united nations information service.
    Granted, this could have changed somewhat in 6 years. Afghans do still produce it :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement