Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK view of the LC?

Options
  • 23-07-2009 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

I thought to go to an English College they tell you to convert your LC results to UCAS points.

But many UK colleges give requirements of their own for the LC (Leeds gave AABBBB for a certain subject)They didnt specify whether these AABBBB were all higher or not.

I emailed Leeds about this and they told me that"They would be in the usual combination of Highers and Ordinarys "

What does this mean?
    Should i just convert their A-Level requirements for this course to UCAS points and work it out from there?

(The UCAS applications system is harder than the Irish, so i dont see much point of applying if i dont know what results i will need)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Get two A's and 3 B's Higher and/or Lower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Mary007

Just see what UCAS points are required for the course you want, it'll appear to be something low usually like 290 for example but when you convert it, it's much more in our points! Like an A1 LC is only equivalent to 90 of their points.

Advertisement