Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there a Multi Region Blu Player On The Market?

• 23-07-2009 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Is there a blu ray player on the market at the minute that is multi region for both dvd and blu rayer, i know most players can have the dvd unlocked fairly handy but the blu rays cause the problem, its just i have a few region A blu rays and nothing to play them on........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

The bee's knees of Blu ray players can now be got region free.

You can read more about it here. It's on my wish list after my two channel room...

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cheapskate

Hi Guys,

Just purchased that Bee and both knees Oppo BDP-83 Universal Zone-Free Blu ray Player, should have it next week, I can't hardly wait!
    I'm going to hold onto the S5000ES too for the moment though just in case, there are a few unhappy customers of the Oppo already!?

CS

cheapskate wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just purchased that Bee and both knees Oppo BDP-83 Universal Zone-Free Blu ray Player, should have it next week, I can't hardly wait!
    Backstard!!! :pac:

let us know how you get on with it. did you get the Region Free one from CRT?
    I'm going to hold onto the S5000ES too for the moment though just in case, there are a few unhappy customers of the Oppo already!?

the only misgiving with it as far as I can see is that it doesn't play playstation games, but then, maybe that's a good thing. :D

Yea Hi, I got it from CRT alright! Had to wait quite a while though to get one, they were blown over with the demand for this player, working flat out converting them.

The conversion is pretty straight forward seemingly with just a replacement ribbon cable or something like that, seemingly Oppo released a Zone free model in NZ and that was the only difference.

I know you have been blowing about this player albeit the imminent Zone B version for quite a while, will you buy one?

CS

I know you have been blowing about this player albeit the imminent Zone B version for quite a while, will you buy one?
    Yup - Hopefully before Christmas. Have ditched the idea for a SACD player, as this does it all.

Have my eye on a Naim Uniti for my 2 channel room first...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Always another option:
    Momitsu BDP-899

>Sol

Hi,

Well have the oppo about a week now, Played Blu ray and DVDs on it viewing on 50" Kuro
    I don't want to say that the Oppo is better than the Sony but ......it is and it's not!
    It's great value and it is so quick, it's about half the price of the Sony and it plays everything bar vinyl. I haven't got any SACD's but am considering getting Norah Jones one just to try it out.
    It is not better than the Sony IMO but it's as good and if I can find a realistic buyer for the Sony, I'll part company with it, otherwise my Bro says he'll take it off my hands:( (if you think I'm Cheap, you haven't met my bro)

CS

It is not better than the Sony IMO but it's as good and if I can find a realistic buyer for the Sony, I'll part company with it

Feck that, if you don't like it, keep the sony and I'll buy the oppo off you :)

Advertisement