Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your celebrity crushes...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

The things I'd do...............

scaled.php?tn=0&server=267&filename=7ntu.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

biggest load of pretentious twats currently on the planet! :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

kev_s88 wrote: »

What? Why?
    Because five good looking, decent singers were put together at bootcamp and got through to live shows and you disagree with that? What about the novelty acts or the likes of Nicolo or Cher who really wernt much better then them(One Direction are better singers), do you hate them too?

Do you think they shouldnt go through each week? Well thats no reason to hate them.. Theyre not the ones voting themselves through each week nor is it their fault the judges are almost exaggerating their compliments, but thats still not One Directions fault. Hate the fans, not the band.
    Or is it because they're a boyband? And typically speaking males hate boybands because of they look "poncy" or arent "stereotypically man enough looking".. Not politically correct but for the sake of this argument I assume its a factor.

Other reasons you could hate them..... Because they were a put together group and its not fair on the original groups? Well the groups category was ****e this year. 2 groups are already gone, infact the only two left are the two put together ones so thats not much of a reason either.
    Maybe you dont like the way they act, how they come across? Again I dont understand at all.. They dont come across as cocky in the slightest, when theyre singing theyre completely "Kid like" and are grinning and looking around at each other for the performance or putting in some,most likely unchoreographed dance thing (*coughs Niall*) all just showing theyre having a great time on stage, loving every minute of it and appreciating it.

Errrrrrrrrrrm then I guess annoyance at teenage girls fawning over them? But thats the pure jealously tbh :P And its not just them, look at any X Factor thread and you'll see peeps saying "Matt is so hot" etc etc so yano thats no reason to hate them specifically either..

So yea... That may seem an extreme reply to your comment but there was enough stupid name calling last year with John and Edward, it'll be a long 8 weeks if this is gonna happen every time One Direction are mentioned..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

What deise said!!!!!!!!! and... They are super hot... I don't know what pretentious means but like.. Why do you dislike them? They seem realy nice guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I don't really like them as a band but Zain...you would like.

• Advertisement

3484351393_ace1ac8f30_o.jpg
    GinnyWeasley.jpg

Emma_Watson_Half_Blood_Prince_NYC_PremiereB.jpg
    emma-watson1g.jpg

Guess what I watched tonight? :rolleyes:

deise_girl wrote: »
    What? Why?
    Because five good looking, decent singers were put together at bootcamp and got through to live shows and you disagree with that? What about the novelty acts or the likes of Nicolo or Cher who really wernt much better then them(One Direction are better singers), do you hate them too?

Do you think they shouldnt go through each week? Well thats no reason to hate them.. Theyre not the ones voting themselves through each week nor is it their fault the judges are almost exaggerating their compliments, but thats still not One Directions fault. Hate the fans, not the band.
    Or is it because they're a boyband? And typically speaking males hate boybands because of they look "poncy" or arent "stereotypically man enough looking".. Not politically correct but for the sake of this argument I assume its a factor.

Other reasons you could hate them..... Because they were a put together group and its not fair on the original groups? Well the groups category was ****e this year. 2 groups are already gone, infact the only two left are the two put together ones so thats not much of a reason either.
    Maybe you dont like the way they act, how they come across? Again I dont understand at all.. They dont come across as cocky in the slightest, when theyre singing theyre completely "Kid like" and are grinning and looking around at each other for the performance or putting in some,most likely unchoreographed dance thing (*coughs Niall*) all just showing theyre having a great time on stage, loving every minute of it and appreciating it.

Errrrrrrrrrrm then I guess annoyance at teenage girls fawning over them? But thats the pure jealously tbh :P And its not just them, look at any X Factor thread and you'll see peeps saying "Matt is so hot" etc etc so yano thats no reason to hate them specifically either..

So yea... That may seem an extreme reply to your comment but there was enough stupid name calling last year with John and Edward, it'll be a long 8 weeks if this is gonna happen every time One Direction are mentioned..

im going to try address each paragraph with a decent response :)

to be honest the fact that they couldnt make it through on their own as singers does kind of set of the alarm bells.....and yes i do hate nicolo and Cher! as the facebook group says "Cher looks like a Thunderbirds doll version of Cheryl Cole"! shes a poor talentless imitation of so much in this world! and nicolo? what can i say. the italians have a name for being arrogant prima donnas, but he takes the dough based tomato sauced covered food! (pizza for those who couldnt figure it out!)

honestly im probably one of the few guys out there who appreciates a good boyband, and actually knows a scary amount of backstreet boys lyrics and dances, so thats not my problem with them. i guess im just ashamed at what can pass as a boyband these days. the fact that they need backing tracks to add harmonies to their songs does not make them a boyband. it makes them a group of random teenagers singing together. although they do look pretty poncy!

as for the put together group comment. i agree that the groups are awful. but i believe that FYD were a helluva lot better as "boybands" go. at least they can dance and sing in harmonies which, as opposed to looking like poncy wooden statues, is what traditionally makes a good boyband. and yes they do come across as unbelievably cocky. you are just blinded by their "good looks". as someone who has tried to do well as a performer, they are unbelivably cocky. and yes maybe thats what they need to do well in the x-factor, but another cocky boyband is not what the world needs. i mean at least JLS were more music based than cocky-ness based.

the jealousy comment? im almost 22 so having teenage girls fawn over me really isnt that big a deal so thats not a deal breaker. and the difference between Matt and One direction is that Matt is a phenomenal singer. as a guy i can admit that he has the voice of some sort of higher being, unlike said "boyband"!!

and lastly but not leastly, my in conclusion. they do not deserve as much stick as john and edward got last year, thats an obvious one. but one direction do not deserve the hype they are getting. because im sure that anywhere in the UK or Ireland, there are groups who have more respect for themselves than to go on X Factor, that are countless times better than this thrown together attempt at a boyband! the reason they were put together is because they are young, they are good looking and they can vaguely sing. but said attributes do not a boyband make. and i severly hope that the voting public can soon overthrow the gaggin throngs of young girls who all think they could be the next bunch of pathetic groupies (deise and soccy exlcuded cause you guys actually seem normal) for a mediocre attempt at a succesful boyband.

PS. wtf was Simon Cowell thinking saying they are the most exciting young male prospect. they may be the most exciting money making prospect, but no more! listen to some real music for once eh Simon?

RANT OVER!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

My new love :rolleyes:

jake-prince-of-persia.jpg

he makes a mighty Prince Of Persia

lately for me its all been about:

hannah_tointon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Just for Novella :P

Ryan-Reynolds.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

It's his hairline... It's so... swirly! :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

im going to try address each paragraph with a decent response :)

to be honest the fact that they couldnt make it through on their own as singers does kind of set of the alarm bells.....and yes i do hate nicolo and Cher! as the facebook group says "Cher looks like a Thunderbirds doll version of Cheryl Cole"! shes a poor talentless imitation of so much in this world! and nicolo? what can i say. the italians have a name for being arrogant prima donnas, but he takes the dough based tomato sauced covered food! (pizza for those who couldnt figure it out!)

honestly im probably one of the few guys out there who appreciates a good boyband, and actually knows a scary amount of backstreet boys lyrics and dances, so thats not my problem with them. i guess im just ashamed at what can pass as a boyband these days. the fact that they need backing tracks to add harmonies to their songs does not make them a boyband. it makes them a group of random teenagers singing together. although they do look pretty poncy!

as for the put together group comment. i agree that the groups are awful. but i believe that FYD were a helluva lot better as "boybands" go. at least they can dance and sing in harmonies which, as opposed to looking like poncy wooden statues, is what traditionally makes a good boyband. and yes they do come across as unbelievably cocky. you are just blinded by their "good looks". as someone who has tried to do well as a performer, they are unbelivably cocky. and yes maybe thats what they need to do well in the x-factor, but another cocky boyband is not what the world needs. i mean at least JLS were more music based than cocky-ness based.

the jealousy comment? im almost 22 so having teenage girls fawn over me really isnt that big a deal so thats not a deal breaker. and the difference between Matt and One direction is that Matt is a phenomenal singer. as a guy i can admit that he has the voice of some sort of higher being, unlike said "boyband"!!

and lastly but not leastly, my in conclusion. they do not deserve as much stick as john and edward got last year, thats an obvious one. but one direction do not deserve the hype they are getting. because im sure that anywhere in the UK or Ireland, there are groups who have more respect for themselves than to go on X Factor, that are countless times better than this thrown together attempt at a boyband! the reason they were put together is because they are young, they are good looking and they can vaguely sing. but said attributes do not a boyband make. and i severly hope that the voting public can soon overthrow the gaggin throngs of young girls who all think they could be the next bunch of pathetic groupies (deise and soccy exlcuded cause you guys actually seem normal) for a mediocre attempt at a succesful boyband.

PS. wtf was Simon Cowell thinking saying they are the most exciting young male prospect. they may be the most exciting money making prospect, but no more! listen to some real music for once eh Simon?

RANT OVER!!! :D

Just on your last thing, yea there is defo better singers them them in the comp, Im not disagreeing with that but you still cant call them twats for OTHER people over hyping them, the twats are the media etc for doing it.
    And the X Factor hasnt much to do with singing anymore tbh! Like last year Danyl was a better singer then Ollie or Stacey and Lloyd wasnt better then Lucie, Jamie etc.. Same with the year before Laura and Ruth were both better singers then Eoghan, Diana etc But the X Factor is a huge popularity contest.
    And if youre any good it shouldnt matter too much where you come in the live shows coz record companies will have seen you and will decide themselves if you'd sell.
    Like Modest Management have already displayed interest in One Direction :pac: And most years a fair few people are signed anyway..
    I agree with Simon overexagerating too tbh :) But I guess if the main cd buyers are tweens, you want to have people that appeal to tweens winning..

And me and soccy arn't excluded, we're massive creeps! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

After seeing "Life As We Know It", I am now in love with this man. Josh Duhamel, marry me plz! <3

josh-duhamel.jpg

MV5BNTU4ODU3NjUzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDA4Mzc4Mw@@._V1._SX640_SY427_.jpg&t=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

gemma-arterton.jpg

TamaraDreweGemmaArterton.jpg

Gemma Arterton- some movies have made a right go at "unhotting" her (looking at you Quantum of Solace), but she is actually supremely hot. Nice English accent too. Rawr.

Ivana Baquero, Spanish Actress from Pan's Labyrinth. I was reading up on Pan's Labyrinth today and I came across a recent picture of Ofelia. She's 16 now which makes it not weird since I'm 16. >.>
    ivana-baquero-848194l.jpg

Kristen Bell
    kristen-bell-you-again.jpg

Danielle Panabaker
    Danielle-Panabaker-sh02.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Put names to these faces, Jacko, names! :p

Jackobyte wrote: »
    ivana-baquero-848194l.jpg

I know I'm a girl and all so I'll probably not see the same thing as you but.....really? :o

I know I'm a girl and all so I'll probably not see the same thing as you but.....really? :o
    Not so much sexy as cute. I think it's the eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

She looks kinda like a man.

I mean, I still would, but definitely looks like a man.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    She looks kinda like a man.

I mean, I still would, but definitely looks like a man.
    I don't see it. Now I'm embarrassed. I think I'm just to stop posting in this thread. It looked like Oopsy last week and this week it looked like a man. :facepalm:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Amy MacDonald, beauty in a stripey top:

amymc1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Armie Hammer. Oh my yes.

armie-hammer-headshot-vert.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I don't see it. Now I'm embarrassed. I think I'm just to stop posting in this thread. It looked like Oopsy last week and this week it looked like a man. :facepalm:

Not much of a difference there tbh :o
    :pac:

Probably posted him in here before, but a lot of love for Colin Farrell :P

colin_farrell_a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

00031885-279.jpg

Zumo from Fair City...whata guy, whata guy...

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »
    00031885-279.jpg

Zumo from Fair City...whata guy, whata guy...

really?

personally I'm more of Dermot Fahy fan myself.

00031a2d-279.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgZ50wmAZsCMrmv9UnYr-7hQid_tIPe26sFEKwQguxzHJwxU8&t=1&usg=__nBikugbwFChghgwSUnPJlVDTLSE=

Lads. If you're doing Fair City, who wouldn't say no to a bit of Louie. I frickin love him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

tom_welling.jpg

Been watching Smallville. :)

Final-12-Photoshoot-aiden-grimshaw-16527922-400-511.jpg

He just doesn't get enough love. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Olivia-Wilde-12-560x294.jpg

OLIVIA WILDE FOR ALL!:D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Olivia-Wilde-12-560x294.jpg

OLIVIA WILDE FOR ALL!:D:cool:

Didn't she go to the Gaiety? I'm not sure could be very wrong on that. Her in the OC - extremely hot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

dx08s8.jpg
    If I wasn't the raving heterosexual that I am...

Advertisement