Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

working in UK, looking for irish mortgage

Options
  • 23-07-2009 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

just wondering has anyone here ever been working the UK full-time but actually looked for a mortgage to buy a house in Ireland with an Irish bank?

Currently working in the UK but would be interested in buying back home.
    Would greatly appreciate if anyone could share their experiences.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭BankMan

You'll find it close to impossible unfortunately. Even during the good times, it was extremely difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭its baltic

whats the reason this, i could prove my income, prove my deposit and have an excellant credit rating in both countries. it baffles me!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

its baltic wrote: »
    whats the reason this, i could prove my income, prove my deposit and have an excellant credit rating in both countries. it baffles me!

It's more complicated, and there is an exchange risk with the mortgage, you are paid in GBP, but the mortgage payments will be EUR and the GBP/EUR moved a lot the past year.

Advertisement