Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Quotes

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭Land Of Idiots

Nuovo Cinema Paradiso

"Get busy living or get busy dying"

• Registered Users Posts: 22 x-x-footloose-x

the shawshank redemption

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

• Registered Users Posts: 20,976 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Jaws but it was used already see post #29.

Everyone knows this one but it's topical as the screenwriter who coined it died this week.

"I coulda been a contender"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭WinstonSmith

that would be Rocky.
    I'll go with:

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
    The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

"I coulda been a contender"

On The Waterfront
    "Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.
    The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

V for Vendetta

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Stealdo

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate."

Cool Hand Luke

"No sir, you are the caretaker. You've always been the caretaker. I ought to know, I've always been here."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

humpty dumpty dont push me man

I thinks that's from Con Air and the one before was The Shining.

Oh, right! To call you stupid would be an insult to stupid people! I’ve known sheep that could outwit you. I’ve worn dresses with higher IQs. But you think you’re an intellectual, don’t you, ape?”

A fish called Wanda

"I always thought the idea of education was to learn to think for yourself."

Dead Poets Society

I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭ilkhanid

'Network'

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the War Room"

Dr Strangelove or How I learned to stop worrying and love the Bomb.

Oh, yes. A kitten. I beg you. A little, sleek - a playful kitten. Something I can teach. Something I can feed. No one would refuse me a kitten

Well...it's certainly Renfield from one of the 'Draculas'. Not sure which...I'll make a stab at 'Bram Stoker's Dracula'

"Open the pod bay door, HAL, please"

ilkhanid wrote: »

"Open the pod bay door, HAL, please"

That's 2001: A Space Odyssey

"The wee sh!te is Bobby McClean's brother, Lex McClean. In fact he's the one who shot me in the head with an air gun, and now the other brother's screwing my girlfriend. You've gotta hand it to them, that's a remarkable family"

'Small Faces'?

"We want the finest wines available to humanity. We want them here, and we want them now!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

I was actually gonna do a Withnail and I quote! ^^

"I am a shrubber. My name is Roger the Shrubber. I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies."

That's The Holy Grail.

"I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really ridiculously good looking."

Zoolander?

"He died in a bizarre gardening accident... Authorities said... best leave it... unsolved"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

This Is Spinal Tap, I think...

"Anyone not wearing about 2 million sunblock is gonna have a real bad day, GET IT!?"

'The Terminator:judgement Day'

"I make it a rule never to get involved with possessed people....Actually, it's more of a guideline than a rule..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭victoriaa

ghost busters??

"legs.. they can be long or short, they can be like greek columns, but aaah, what's between them, it's the passport to heaven"

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Scent of a woman

"I am a like a race-car Julius and right now I am in the red. I'm just saying it's not good to have a race car in the red"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Kev8360 wrote: »
    Scent of a woman

"I am a like a race-car Julius and right now I am in the red. I'm just saying it's not good to have a race car in the red"

Would that be Pulp Fiction?

"We can't stop here, this is bat country"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Would that be Pulp Fiction?

"We can't stop here, this is bat country"

Hehe. Fear and Loathing :)

And then I made a sound like this: Bleurgh... bleurgh.... BLEURGHHHHHHHH!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Helmet

Goonies

to obey - just like that - for obedience's sake... without questioning... That's something only people like you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭victoriaa

pan's labyrinth

and I'd tell them that you don't have to be anybody because being somebody doesn't make you anybody anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭goddevil

Gia

I had a dream.. But now i'm awake and i hate my dream

Advertisement