Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What banks are lending?

Options
  • 23-07-2009 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Just curious as to who's lending money at the moment. Please include when you got your mortgage, how much you got and from what bank.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭dennistuam

as a valuer at present the only banks are aib and bank of ireland

the sub primes bank are all but gone

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

dennistuam wrote: »
    as a valuer at present the only banks are aib and bank of ireland

the sub primes bank are all but gone

Sick of people posting generalisations. I just got written loan offer from PTSB. Very close to securing loan offer from Haven and KCB. AIB and BOI wouldn't even look at the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

jeepers101 wrote: »
    Sick of people posting generalisations. I just got written loan offer from PTSB. Very close to securing loan offer from Haven and KCB. AIB and BOI wouldn't even look at the application.

look,

it will depend on too many different things

just about everyone is lending

but it depends on x y and z

x might like your application while y wont

y might like mine but not x

apply to them all see what you can get and thats your answer

what other people expierince is going to be totally irrelevant to your situation

if your sick of generalisations stop asking general questions and looking for specific answers there isn't one for your question

I wouldn't expect people to publically discuss there financil situ on a public forum

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

point taken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭skippy15

getting mine in next week or two from BOI-
    doing it through a broker all been smooth sailing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

Got loan from EBS - 92%. No probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I got my mortgage through AIB, 92%. I'm self-employed and had to have 3 years of accounts before they would give me the mortgage even though it was only 2 times earnings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 englishe

DonJose wrote: »
    I got my mortgage through AIB, 92%. I'm self-employed and had to have 3 years of accounts before they would give me the mortgage even though it was only 2 times earnings.

DonJose - did you have to have accounts completed by an Accountant for this & also a solicitors letter to verify your projected income for 2009 - 2010?! I enquired before about the process of applying for a mortgage as a self-employed person and was advised I had to get accountant to do my books (as opposed to my own PAY & FILE), which was €350 approx and €180 for solicitors letter with 1 line written on it!? - so basically had to spend €500 to get an application on the bankers desk, compared to a PAYE employee just presenting his P60 & wage slips... Did you experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

englishe wrote: »
    DonJose - did you have to have accounts completed by an Accountant for this & also a solicitors letter to verify your projected income for 2009 - 2010?! I enquired before about the process of applying for a mortgage as a self-employed person and was advised I had to get accountant to do my books (as opposed to my own PAY & FILE), which was €350 approx and €180 for solicitors letter with 1 line written on it!? - so basically had to spend €500 to get an application on the bankers desk, compared to a PAYE employee just presenting his P60 & wage slips... Did you experience this?

I've used the same accountant for the past 3 years and submitted these unaudited accounts to my relationship manager at AIB. I wasn't asked for a solicitors verification of my accounts and I didn't submit any projections on future earnings.

Advertisement