Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post stalkers

Options
  • 23-07-2009 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

What, if anything, is to be done with other posters who reply to your post with personal insults, get themselves banned from the forum for it, and decide to go off searching all your previous posts in other forums to quote them and leave smart comments on them?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

siobhank wrote: »
    What, if anything, is to be done with other posters who reply to your post with personal insults, get themselves banned from the forum for it, and decide to go off searching all your previous posts in other forums to quote them and leave smart comments on them?

report them to the mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭siobhank

well, presuming they will find this post, I will if they try it again I suppose.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Well, imo, reporting each post they make won't solve the issue, as each mod of the individual forums won't see the whole issue - just what happens on their forum.

If it's happening continually over a few forums, it might be worth sending a pm to one of the admins to have a look.

well, presuming they will find this post, I will if they try it again I suppose.
    you could simply go to your profile page (or click your name here), click show all/more posts from siobhank, go to the ones that user was abusive to, and click the report button (and explain whats going on).

:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

More like siobhskank! :pac:
    Sorry, had to.

Just report the posts and they will get banned from those forums too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

If it starts being a big problem when you report one of the posts explain the problem in the field where you put the reason for reporting the post, all mods/admins can see reported posts and it is far more likely to come to the mods broader attention that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭siobhank

Yeah, I reported it to a mod but to be honest not interested in seeing this guy banned as such just wish he'd stop taking the mick. His previous post history seems okay so maybe he was just overexcited.
    Thanks guys

Yeah, I reported it to a mod but to be honest not interested in seeing this guy banned as such just wish he'd stop taking the mick. His previous post history seems okay so maybe he was just overexcited.
    Thanks guys

you can put that user on ignore also

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Thanks guys

Have we got a name for this gent?

Id love one of them, alas i am not interesting enough to be stalked by one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Any issues like this you can PM myself or one of the other lovely admins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sparky wrote: »
    Any issues like this you can PM myself or one of the lovely admins.

Had to fyp dennis. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Had to fyp dennis. ;)
    Come on Paul! Its one 'n'

pffft

Come on Denis, I didn't want to tell them your real name! ANd it's spelled Ppaulla.

Advertisement