Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for my fabulous auntie's 40th?

Options
  • 23-07-2009 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

She is my favourite Aunty and really good to me so I would like to get her something special. She's really stylish. But I'm stumped. I don't want to buy her clothes or a voucher.
    I'm not working so I only have a budget of €50.

Any ideas please? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rebelchick2

What about a piece of newbridge jewellery? Thay have some fab pieces at the moment! You could get her a facial/massage in the local salon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

What about a piece of newbridge jewellery? Thay have some fab pieces at the moment! You could get her a facial/massage in the local salon?

She does have a salon she goes to, but it's run by her friend so she gets a good discount.

My younger brother is going in with me so the budget is now 75.

Do you think I would get a Jo Malone perfume for that? I was thinking a candle, but I don't know.

Thanks Rebelchick :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I'm desperate for plugging etsy.com, but it's well worth a look. All handmade stuff and I've found lovely gifts for friends by just searching for random terms that describe stuff they like :)

I got my own fabulous auntie a gorgeous wide leather obi belt on there for Christmas, no one had anything like it here at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Your Auntie will not be expecting you to spend a lot of money on her, she will be mortified if you do. I love Miss Flitworth's idea of the leather belt. It's something she will always have. I would also add something personal, make up a photo collage. If she is your favourite aunt, she was probably at your christening, communion etc. Put together some photos to show how much she means to you(won't cost too much either).

Advertisement