Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free fees for unemployed ( part time)

Options
  • 23-07-2009 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

I generally complain a lot about NCI so thought it would be nice to say something nice for once. I have to say fair play to them. If your unemployed for 6 months or more you can do a part time course in nci for free. ( usually cost aprox 4000 a year depending on the course.)

http://www.ncirl.ie/News/Free_Fees_Places_on_Part-Time_Courses

Thats the link for it. Just thought I would post it up for anyone whos thinking of going back to college and not working.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

brilliant idea, fair play to them. Wish I had to gone down that route, I didn't want to sit on my ass for ages waiting for the job market to get better so legged it to London, got a job here pretty easily.
    All of the colleges should do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

It is a brilliant idea and thankfully there looks like there will be more of it over the next few months. According to the Indo today about 1500 free part-time places in the IT's will be available from Sept for people in receipt of Social Welfare.

You can also do the NCI courses without waiting six months if you have an RP50 (something to do with statutory redundancy I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Yh i saw that, great idea. Id say the places in all the colleges will be snapped up quick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 raptor twin

Top Idea, bit more clear thinking like this is needed

Advertisement