Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ant-spyware

• 23-07-2009 10:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

How much anti-spyware software do you have? and what are good freeware ones?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Hi Bob Z,

The main one I use it Malwarebytes but Super Anti Spyware is good also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Malware Bytes is the one You recommended most

Malware Bytes is the one You recommended most

At the moment I think it is the best. I find it very effective against malware and it is constantly updated.

Also you can run it effectively in safe mode aswell which can be useful against certain types of malware.

Sorry, that meant to read "Malware Bytes is the one You see recommended most" :D

Sorry, that meant to read "Malware Bytes is the one You see recommended most" biggrin.gif
    Was wondering :) Ya it is a popular one allright. It does change overtime though.
    I mean last year I would have been recommending Spybot or Adaware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

what about these appz

a-squared free
    spyware terminator
    spyware blaster
    avg antispyware

How many should you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

I used spyware terminator in the past..found it not very good and a resource hog...slowed my system loads.

what about these appz

a-squared free is decent enough. Couldn't say about the others.
    How many should you have?

Usually it's ok to have a few anti-spyware apps on your pc.

You should only have one anti-virus program on your system.

There is a good review here.

Can you do two scans at once?

Bob Z wrote: »
    Can you do two scans at once?

C'mon now, You do know the hard drive is the slowest component in Your pc? Why would You want to run 2 scans together? I'd take twice as long as Your scantime is limited by drive speed

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    C'mon now, You do know the hard drive is the slowest component in Your pc? Why would You want to run 2 scans together? I'd take twice as long as Your scantime is limited by drive speed

Yes but you can leave them scanning and come back when they are finished

Bob Z wrote: »
    Yes but you can leave them scanning and come back when they are finished

One could see the other as an unwanted program, best run them singly

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭daniel91

use malwarebytes, it's the best and most effective imo, and also seems to be the most popular so everyone can't be wrong.

Wouldn't an application firewall be also necessary in observing traffic leaving your computer.

NoDrama wrote: »
    Wouldn't an application firewall be also necessary in observing traffic leaving your computer.

Yea i have comododo firewall but i might go back to zone alarm

Advertisement