Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full body massages

Options
  • 23-07-2009 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Just wondering, how full is a full body massage. Want to get one but dont want to display some body parts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It's done by positioning towels over certain parts of your body.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Sarn

Basically, head, neck, back, arms, legs, feet. You can request that certain areas be avoided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭shreksaurus

Sarn wrote: »
    Basically, head, neck, back, arms, legs, feet. You can request that certain areas be avoided.

Excellent, thanks. Thats not bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Remember to specify that Upper legs be avoided, not legs all together. I would not advise you forgo lower back, people hold alot of tension there. (I am not a professional masseur however have been giving friends massages for years now so that's where I get my thoughts on this.:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 girltalk

My friend is a professional massuse, a full body massage by a pro is prob the best thing that will ever happen to ya. Dont worry bout body bits being exposed or massaged..... it wont happen. They have a very professional way of using the towels involved and basically your body is mostly covered whilst the massage is being given to one part of the body, eg one leg. Something to do with keeping the body temperature right. So go for it and enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Your bits are covered, and when you turn over they just hold the towel to cover you.

Its so nice, i never thought my arms needed massaging, but i was nearly asleep while it was being done.

If only i could afford them now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

You would be amazed how much tension is held in the bits people don't want done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

How costly is a full body massage?? (Roughy obviously!) I want one now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Just like girltalk mentioned previously, the towelling is done in a certain way to keep the client comfortable during a treatment. All body parts below the head not being worked on are covered up for both modesty and comfort purposes:) I know this as i'm a trained masseur myself and professionalism is of utmost importance in the field of therapies. And to minidazzler: you would be right in thinking that, the lower back is very prone to stress due to everyday actions, and for you ladies the leg muscles (notably the calves) can be very tight at times due to poor footwear choices at times;) And to the OP, you can request that a body part/region not be worked on if necessary, some areas like the back, shoulders, legs and feet would be best to leave in, whereas stomach and head/face are not essential, but stomach will help digestion and abdominal muscles, head/face is great for stress relief (if you get the occiput/base of the skull worked on it should feel real nice afterwards:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

<shameless plug>

Sorry to plug this here, but my girlfriend is a professional masseuse and is offering this service in and around the blanch area. She also does make-up (fully qualified), tanning etc. She'll proper pamper you...and at a very competitive price too.

If any ladies are interested, feel free to PM me.

:)

</shameless plug>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

FBMs are the job. I usually fall asleep. They masseuse always acts very properly, so don't worry.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

It depends on where you go but you can also get your abdomen done and your chest, not your boobs obviously but the area above them. Neck, face and scalp massage is amazing too and you can request for oil not to be used on your face if you want but the oil they use should be good quality so good for use on the face. I did massage in college, I miss all my free massages. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I always ask that they don't touch my feet! I laugh and ruin the mood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Seriously! Someone point me in the right direction, this thread has a lot to answer for.. haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm a man but I got one from a female masseur. It was brilliant.

I was completely naked except for a giant small towel to cover my my parts. She went to great lengths to turn round when I was covering up even though I wasn't actually bothered about being naked in front of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Melt in temple bar is good, or the harvest moon centre on baggot street.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

stovelid wrote: »
    I'm a man but I got one from a female masseur. It was brilliant.

I was completely naked except for a giant small towel to cover my my parts. She went to great lengths to turn round when I was covering up even though I wasn't actually bothered about being naked in front of her.

Doubtful that was about your comfort.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Around €60 in some places

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Just a quick Q about Thai full body massages for all you experts/masseuses out there - I went for one a few years back and was startled beyond belief when the (female) masseuse grabbed my boobs and started pummelling away on them :eek:...a few friends of mine also said they had the same experience when getting a full body thai massage, sooooo...I'm just wondering if it's common practice with thai massages to include the boobie-massage as standard (what purpose would it serve, given that it's essentially just fatty tissue?) or if we all somehow had wierdo pervy female masseuses and we were molesterized :pac:

Oh and needless to say, I have never moved so fast as when she grabbed the aul boobs, hands were smacked away, I was up and dressed in the blink of an eye, backing out the door away from her, and have not been for a massage since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

For men the full chest area is massaged, I would never have thought it any different for females. If you want to see the effect of not getting an area massaged, only get one lower leg massaged. You will limp home.

• Advertisement
Advertisement