Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gatso on N4

• 23-07-2009 11:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭

Gatso van was and probably still is on the outbvound lane of the N4 before the Newcastle turn off, sneaky and no Gatso markings on it either, and no I did not get causght as was not travelling at speed but other were

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

Its still there! First thing i saw of it was a flash...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,558 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I wonder if it was there earlier this evening at about 8. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

Heroditas wrote: »
    I wonder if it was there earlier this evening at about 8. :(

It wasn't there at 7:20 but I noticed it there (driving inbound) at about 9. Not much help to you I know but it narrows things down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

it spends its days on the n4. very often its on the inbound side, on con colbert road where the lights are on top of poles, ballyfermot/chapelizod joining the n4...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

whats the limit there at the newcastle turn off? 60?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    whats the limit there at the newcastle turn off? 60?

It's 80kph from the M50 right up to the M4. It was only a matter of time before they parked there. Good road, probably should be 100kph. I travel it every day and people has passed weel inexcess of the speed limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭robbie99

Spipov wrote: »
    it spends its days on the n4. very often its on the inbound side, on con colbert road where the lights are on top of poles, ballyfermot/chapelizod joining the n4...

Yeah, it's there quite regularly. And I once spotted it at that same location but on the outbound side - a hundred meters or so just after the lights, at the end of the 60 zone.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I travel it every day and people has passed weel inexcess of the speed limit.
    That would probably include me then! I must keep an eye out for you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Scottie99

fguinan wrote: »
    Its still there! First thing i saw of it was a flash...:(

I stand corrected but I don't think gatso vans flash?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

They can and do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Scottie99 wrote: »

The older ones do, the newer (08) ones don't.

Details on these vans can be sketchy, but i'm fairly sure this is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Scottie99

kbannon wrote: »
    They can and do!

Ok, just never seen them do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Scottie99 wrote: »
    kbannon wrote: »
    They can and do!
    The older ones do, the newer (08) ones don't.

Details on these vans can be sketchy, but i'm fairly sure this is true.

kbannon is right as usual.:)

The Gatso (Robot is the new name....Gatso is a trade name) can flash if the operator needs it to. Usually the van is parked on a well lit area so there is no need as the camera is infared.

O and the flash, when activated will only flash when a detected vehicle is travelling away from the van, so as not to blind the driver......and no I dont like the Gatso van before anyone asks:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭halkar

It was there last night after midnight. There were a lot of fish to catch :D
    Me had the cruiser on 80 :cool:

Advertisement