Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good road to go down?

Options
  • 23-07-2009 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭

Is Computer Science a good subject to study after school and are the opportunities good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Is computer programming what you want to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

If you're going to choose your college course based on job oppurtunities/pay or anything like that you will have a very sad life, or fail miserably/drop out because you're simply not interested..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

It isn't that simple. You have to be interested in the course too and give it great commitment. The opportunities are good to the ones that are good and have a geniune interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Oh no I do have a genuine interest in programming. I enjoy learning to do simple things like a "Hello World" applet(?) in java. I know what the course is about and I understand all that programming entail (well most of it). I'd just like some opinions of people who are actually programmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Go for it then, there are good opportunities once you get your first job. That's the problem. Need experience :) Even though pay is quite low at the moment... but that will hopefully pick up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement