Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie FIFA 09 Season 5 Qualifying League - Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭lebowski11

Why would I use code?I tipped off and had a shot.Why is it not on?I'm not being a smart arse here but I just reread the charter and theirs nothing in it about shots from the halfway.If its problem I won't do it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Several reasons. There is nothing speculative about it. If you do it right its a goal or a corner. Its an exploit in the game. You don't see tip off goals in real football. need I go on? There are about 10 reasons why its not on. and you knew it if you were honest with yourself.

Kirby,if I'm being being honest with myself I pressed the shoot button and the ball went in.I don't need to use code because I'm the one who posted here about the goal.Let me explain myself again in case its not clear where I'm coming from.Its not written in the rules that you can't score from tip off so why would I question the validity of my own goal?On the other hand if Futureguy,Y2J or fatlad say they have issue with the goal when then I'll be happy to replay the match.Don't tell what I should or shouldn't know when I'm being honest with myself Kirby,your not my wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Yes but its widely considered a glitch in the game.

Honestly if someone wins by doing that there is no skill involved, hence there's no point even playing the game.

Look mate like I said if its an issue I'll happily replay the game.I never thought for a minute that it would be issue to be honest,maybe Kirby thinks otherwise but theirs nothing I can do about that.If I had something to hide I wouldn't have mentioned the goal when I posted the scores.

• Advertisement

Its not a question about your honesty. Its about playing the game fairly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I've talked to lebowski. Its sorted now. Avoid shooting from halfway from kick off, it saves hassle on here after the game. I'll update the first post to mention it specifically when I have a chance.

If you've got more to say, take it to PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

lebowski11 wrote: »
    Why would I use code?I tipped off and had a shot.Why is it not on?I'm not being a smart arse here but I just reread the charter and theirs nothing in it about shots from the halfway.If its problem I won't do it anymore.

It didnt bother me too much mate. Its the first time someone has actually scored one of them so I was just impressed!

Cheers Johner.I was shocked when it went in myself.Never seen one going in off the keeper before.Y2J explained to me that its an unwritten rule in the boards league about tip off shots.I won't be doing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CapRooney

completely forgot to post up my results:

seanythep 0 CapRooney316 3
    CapRooney316 1 Parawind 3
    CapRooney316 3 WaryValidator 1
    splender1 9 CapRooney316 2
    Fat Lad10 1 CapRooney316 0
    CapRooney316 0 seanog18 2
    ROCCORK 0 CapRooney316 1
    CapRooney316 2 ImSneeky 2
    CapRooney316 3 CompleteCronos 0
    corcaigh09 3 CapRooney316 0
    CapRooney316 7 mordiepants 0

• Advertisement

3 - 0
    seanog18 - endakenny

fun game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

Atlético(WaryValidator) 1 - 7 Arsenal(bonescap)

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

Valencia(enda kenny) 5 Atlético(WaryValidator) 3
    seanog18 - endakenny 3 - 0

seanog show me some tricks... etoo was taking the piss out of my defenders ;-)

If ya got em, flaunt em :P

You got close a few times too though. Hit the crossbar with a 41 yrd free kick :P

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

bonescap wrote: »
    Atlético(WaryValidator) 1 - 7 Arsenal(bonescap)

Sigh again I fall apart in 2nd half

Valencia(enda kenny) 5 Atlético(WaryValidator) 3

enjoyed this game alot. I was 4-0 down at one stage and brought it back to 4-3 but last min goal killed me off

seanog18 (1) WaryValidator (1)

Is there anyway to change your team?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

Villa(caprooney316) 1 - 3 Arsenal
    Juve(Splender1) 2 - 4 Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Splender1

Splender1 (Juventus) :3
    Endakenny (Valencia) : 1

Splender1 (Juventus) :2
    Bonescap (Arsenal) :4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

franman wrote: »
    Is there anyway to change your team?

Nope

EA really need to get their act togeter after 5pm.. just lost 1 - 0 to splender because i got disconnected

Liverpool(Fat Lad10) 3 - 4 Liverpool(IrishWolverine)

Fairly even game well played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Liverpool(Parawind) 2 - 1 Liverpool(Irish Wolverine)

Really close game, i was 1-0 up biting my nails for so long in this one before i finally got what i though was the nerve settler, only for him to go an score, lucky for me there wasn't enough time to grab a second.

Liverpool(Parawind) 5 - 0 Man Utd(ROCCORK)

TBH my finishing was shocking in this one, i probably should have put a few more in, ya were unlucky roccork i think my system worked well against you.

Liverpool(Fat Lad10) 12 - 1 Man Utd(ROCCORK)

Roccork played well second half and should have scored more than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭rocally

Tonight seems to be a 'lets hammer roccork night ' trouced in every game . ha - have to say Splender , parawind and fat lad were on a different level to me

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Splender1

miralize wrote: »
    EA really need to get their act togeter after 5pm.. just lost 1 - 0 to splender because i got disconnected

Yeah man , it was terrible ! But i dont know if it was the EA servers or Eircom ? :confused:

Splender1 (Juventus) : 3
    Seanog18 (Barca) : 0

Splender1 (Juventus) : 5
    ROCCORK (Man U) : 1

it was probably both. how was your other match, lagwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Inter/seanythep 2
    Liverpool/Irish Wolverine 5

Missed a load of chances in this match and made some stupid defensive errors

Inter/seanythep 0
    Liverpool/Parawind 4

After he got the fourth goal, tha screen went black and no one could do anything, so I did the logical thing and disconnected, as I had no way back

Inter/seanythep 0
    Liverpool/Parawind 4

After he got the fourth goal, tha screen went black and no one could do anything, so I did the logical thing and disconnected, as I had no way back

oh yours went black thats odd, in mine i was running to celebrate and my guy stopped and it just hung there watching him. Thanks for dcing, shame we will never know what might have happened :)

Liverpool(Parawind) 4 - 0 Juventus(SteveHeighway)

Was a good game, played well in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

Inter(V3n0m01) 0 - 4 Juventus(SteveHeighway)

GG scored all his goals in the first half and thought I played well in the second.

Inter(V3n0m01) 2 - 1 Liverpool(Parawind)

GG but I probably didn't deserve the win overall!

Just out of curiosity are you allowed try to block the keeper when he's kicking out?

Corcs001 wrote: »

Inter(V3n0m01) 2 - 1 Liverpool(Parawind)

GG but I probably didn't deserve the win overall!

Just out of curiosity are you allowed try to block the keeper when he's kicking out?

Ya that was kinda mean, but if your silly enough to kick it at me you kinda deserve to be punished is my thought.

Frankly you deserved the win, i let my frustration get the better of me, failed to take my chances.

• Advertisement

1 - 0
    seanog18 - corcaigh09

very good game. probably defended the best so far. came so close to scoring a second on 89 minute

Advertisement