Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie FIFA 09 Season 5 Qualifying League - Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool(Parawind)

I was lucky to come away with the win in this one. Parawind led for most of the game, i got my equalizer around the 70th minute and scored the winner in the 87th

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Was robbed from SteveHeighway. Winning 2 - 0 at hlf time. He got a draw first but 88-89 minute he scored a cracker of a header

final score 2 - 3 to SteveHeighway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

my head might just explode, i have just lost 3 games in a row, that tbh i shouldn't have. 3 times i have conceded in about a 87th min or later, i might just go cry now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Splender1

miralize wrote: »
    it was probably both. how was your other match, lagwise?

My other match was fine , thats what puzzles me !
    I have a feeling its more Eircom than EA though, my friend has Perlico and he never has any problems on Fifa!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

seanog 1-0 corcaigh

good game, sean og won the tactics battle, he had a strange formation of at least 5 defenders and kept putting through balls to his lonely striker up top and it worked. the goal came early and it helped him settle and control the game. i had a few clear cut chances that i should have put away but the best i deserved was a draw, sean played cleverly

steveheighway 0-2 Corcaigh

this went well for me. steve's attacking tactics were low through balls to the front two every time which I coped with reasonably well. 0-0 at half time, i changed my approach and it worked like a dream with two quick goals.

corcaigh 3-2 Parawind

i nicked this to be fair. it was my first game of the night and i couldnt get going. i made a lot of basic mistakes and the game itself seemed to conspire against me. Para's first goal was one of those goals where the keeper wouldnt react to my fecking come out command and the defender didnt give a monkeys! i hate those goals, hopefully the goalie doesnt act so odd in fifa 10.

got a lucky goal myself later though when I robbed the ball from a poorly taken free kick.
    my last goal was nicely worked though and I was delighted! tough luck on parawind though, he deserved at least a draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭lebowski11

(SteveHeighway) Juventus 0-4 Liverpool (Parawind)

Had no answer to whatever tactic Parawind was using here and was soundly beaten.I'm surprised u lost 3 games after this one man,you were on fire against me.

(SteveHeighway) Juventus 0-2 Inter (Corcaigh09)

Corcaigh was well worth his win here.I was using a defensive tactic that left my strikers very isolated in these 2 games.Hence the aimless through balls.Won't be doing it again.

(SteveHeighway) Juventus 1-0 Man Utd (ROCCORK)

Scored a late winner in this one.Think I hit the post or crossbar 4 times beforehand.Glad to get the win.

(SteveHeighway) Juventus 4-0 Inter (V3n0m01)

Got 4 quick goals but Inter had the better of the second half.

(SteveHeighway) Juventus 3-2 Barcelona (seanog18)

Great game.Seanog's defensive system was frustrating the life out of me in the first half and he was worth his 2 goal lead.Started pumping high balls and crosses at the pygmies in Barcelona's defence in the second half and it worked a treat.Scored my second headed goal to win with no time left.You deserved more from this one seanog.I got lucky.

lebowski11 wrote: »

Had no answer to whatever tactic Parawind was using here and was soundly beaten.I'm surprised u lost 3 games after this one man,you were on fire against me.

Ah i was stupid, it was all Corcaigh09's fault lol, after i gave away the ball for him to score from my freekick, i let my frustration take over. I was doing silly things that i shouldn't have. What was even more stupid was i kept trying to hard to force the next 2 games and got caught right at the end in both. I should have put the controller down and backed away from the xbox until i had claimed down a bit, but no i decided to play on so i can't really blame anyone but myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

lebowski11 wrote: »

(SteveHeighway) Juventus 0-2 Inter (Corcaigh09)

Corcaigh was well worth his win here.I was using a defensive tactic that left my strikers very isolated in these 2 games.Hence the aimless through balls.Won't be doing it again.

(SteveHeighway) Juventus 1-0 Man Utd (ROCCORK)

Scored a late winner in this one.Think I hit the post or crossbar 4 times beforehand.Glad to get the win.

(SteveHeighway) Juventus 4-0 Inter (V3n0m01)

Got 4 quick goals but Inter had the better of the second half.

(SteveHeighway) Juventus 3-2 Barcelona (seanog18)

Great game.Seanog's defensive system was frustrating the life out of me in the first half and he was worth his 2 goal lead.Started pumping high balls and crosses at the pygmies in Barcelona's defence in the second half and it worked a treat.Scored my second headed goal to win with no time left.You deserved more from this one seanog.I got lucky.

Pulling my hair out last night . Ahh well hopefully next season I can do a little better.

Got a few games left, if everyone loses their matches and i win all my matches, i can still do it :)

Arsenal 6 - 0 Valencia(EndaKenny)

Parawind wrote: »
    Ah i was stupid, it was all Corcaigh09's fault lol, after i gave away the ball for him to score from my freekick, i let my frustration take over. I was doing silly things that i shouldn't have. What was even more stupid was i kept trying to hard to force the next 2 games and got caught right at the end in both. I should have put the controller down and backed away from the xbox until i had claimed down a bit, but no i decided to play on so i can't really blame anyone but myself.

without sounding cocky, i had a feeling that was the root to your other defeats. That was such a paniciky game at both ends, i was well shaken after it, lol! i am and I'm not looking forward to our next match :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Inter/seanythep 0
    Lyon/Darth Brimmy 1

Inter/seanythep 1
    Liverpool/Corcaigh 5

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CapRooney

SteveHeighway 0 CapRooney316 2

CapRooney316 3 endakenny 0

V3n0m01 1 CapRooney316 2

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    without sounding cocky, i had a feeling that was the root to your other defeats. That was such a paniciky game at both ends, i was well shaken after it, lol! i am and I'm not looking forward to our next match :)

hit the nail on the head there, was a great game, and i just emploded at the very end :( But i have clamed down now so i hope to get back to my winning ways lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Inter/seanythep 0
    Lyon/Darth Brimmy 1

That was quite a fun game that could have gone eitherway and a bit bizarre at the same time. The ball was stuck in midfield for pretty much the entire match and I blew some great chances when I got clean through. I was lucky on the other hand that when you got through the ball kept seeming to fall onto your bad foot. It was a pity though that when the goal came it was as sloppy as it was from a set piece but really with the chances that were had (although few) between the two of us I thought the scoreline should have been a lot higher from the both of us. Was fun though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Ah lads, seriously.... I had 6 invites to play league games there at the same time and my gf's niece is raping my connection with torrents.... so the lag is unbelievable for me right now and no point in playing a laggy league game.

If I don't accept your invite first time, there is no need to continually invite me for the next 20 mins. When I'm able to play, I'll invite you. Seeing the constant popup's every 2 seconds isn't fun, especially when you can't accept any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Splender1

Splender1 (Juventus) : 4
    SteveHeighway (Juventus) : 3

Splender1 (Juventus) : 6
    ImSneeky (Barca) : 1

Lagged in this match , managed to suffer on regardless, thankfully.

Mostly concentrating on the main boards league, just playing in this for the craic....but...

Manchester United (RichieMUFC) 2-2 Bonescap (Arsenal)

GG... had about 10 corners but couldn't find a winner after clawing it back.

Arsenal 2 -2 United(RichieMUFC)

Arsenal 2 - 6 Juve(stevehighway)

Finally back to winning ways :D

Liverpool(Parawind) 10 - 0 Inter(DeleMu)

Keep sending out requests to you guys who aren't playing at the moment and nobody seems to be accepting :(

• Advertisement

Manchester United (RichieMUFC) 0-1 Parawind (Liverpool)

I'm going back to my usual tactics as United after this match, the ones I'm using now work fine for poor side like Lazio, but as United it just doesn't work well.

Liverpool (Parawind) 1 - 0 Man Utd (RichieMUFC)

ya was a good game, 1-0 always has me biting my nails til the end.

Just got beat 6-0 by corcaigh09 there in what was probably the worst game I've ever played. Really not loving the Lyon defence with them missing headers and being easily pushed off the ball giving away 4 easy goals. Quite a boring match too with him playing possession football when 3-0 up from the 60th minute but meh, seemed to work for him but took the fun out of the game for myself to the point I didn't really care towards the end. Deserved to lose though.

Aaagh! Connection just dropped there with Parawind I think. Was losing 2-0 but very close game. I concede the victory to you and apologies about that. Wouldn't mind a friendly at some stage :)

Brimmy wrote: »
    Aaagh! Connection just dropped there with Parawind I think. Was losing 2-0 but very close game. I concede the victory to you and apologies about that. Wouldn't mind a friendly at some stage :)

Ah its ok, it can happen to anyone. Ya just send me a msg if ya want a game tommorrow.

Just got beat 6-0 by corcaigh09 there in what was probably the worst game I've ever played. Really not loving the Lyon defence with them missing headers and being easily pushed off the ball giving away 4 easy goals. Quite a boring match too with him playing possession football when 3-0 up from the 60th minute but meh, seemed to work for him but took the fun out of the game for myself to the point I didn't really care towards the end. Deserved to lose though.

thats a poor attitude, there was plenty of time for you to claw it back, if someone is passing it around, put the pressure on and get it back. at least I added to my lead, ive seen people hold onto 1-0 leads with possession football.

anyway thanks for the game and sorry for boring you :o

oh deleu, new guy, i lost connection with him in the early stages of the game, was like only in the 4th min. think he jad the problem and Dont think it recorded as a 3-0 win, i presume its ok to just try again and have a rematch?

Keep sending out requests to you guys who aren't playing at the moment and nobody seems to be accepting :(
    corcaigh07 wrote: »
    thats a poor attitude, there was plenty of time for you to claw it back, if someone is passing it around, put the pressure on and get it back. at least I added to my lead, ive seen people hold onto 1-0 leads with possession football.

anyway thanks for the game and sorry for boring you :o

Lol it wasn't boring me. Just frustrating. Wasn't a bad game besides that, I'm just regretting chosing Lyon. Sure if I had done what you did I wouldn't have drawn my first game after conceding in injury time to make it level ;) / :(

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Just as a matter of interest, how many from the league goes through from this? (not that I'd be one of them:()

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

have enjoyed loads of games.. apart from that 6-0 drubbing..

enjoying games where i know it wont end in disconnection..

altho im noticing i have little advanced skills even one two's... my attempts at any skill results in me mashing the right stick and silva/vincente rolling the ball out of play..

after this league or by pm some people might pass me some tips.. especially the move etoo pulled on me time and time again ;-)

also any ideas on how to inform the missus that no i cant turn off the game as it is against the rules.. or that just pausing will give her only 30secs of my time and result in me losing a pause.

Advertisement