Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie FIFA 09 Season 5 Qualifying League - Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

anyone on now or in the next while?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

i should b on in 10 -20 mins, i can give u a game then

i had 2 games in this yesterday, something that is getting rarer now.

jwallace007 1-3 Corcaigh

good game, it was pretty tight. Bayern are a good team, probably my favourite team in Fifa if Inter werent just so god damn good(and fast)

IrishWolvervine 1-8 Corcaigh

turning point of this was undoubtably a Carra sending off for Wolverine. it was 3-1 to me with wolverine having got his goal. I pulled away second half thanks to Maschrano being placed Centre-Half and some good attacking footy.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

Bayern (jwallace)1 Liverpool( irishwolverine)6
    got destroyed by the pool, simple as that

im on now but no-one is online. the players I have left to play are:

FatLad10
    V3n0m01
    Beekay
    endakenny
    richieMUFC
    WaryValidator
    BrendanMurphy

give us a shout on this thread when you're on or planning to go online and we'll play the fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

i'm on now - endakenny

anyone around?

ah crap, im on now but no1 around.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    ah crap, im on now but no1 around.

Yes imagine that..at 12.20 am and no one is on..madness :D

ive seen plenty on at this time before!

this league is nearly dead, last game played is still the 6-1 beating jwallace007 got a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well I'm usually on around that time.

Would it be cool if I joined it for some practice then? I dont need to qualify but I've noticed a couple of current leaguers in the mix already anyway :D. Would give the qualifiers more games...and give me something to do as the Official Boards League Season 4 is pretty much done....and so is the Unofficial draft premierleague. Would be nice to try out all the new recruits.

Any objections?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Joining league today, just got league details, will be on today to make up matches from 4ish onwards, once i get home ill join the league (havent done that yet)

looking for first match...online now

back on now for a few hours...just be leaving the xbox on if anyone wants a league game. If you message ill get back to ya in between watching scrubs :pac:

Played a couple of matches today

Endakenny 1-6 Yapamillias

This was much much closer than the score suggested, he scored first and i was bricking it lol

jwallace 2-15 Yapamillias

played well but also got a LOT of rebounds...noone likes rebound goals

caprooney 1-7

Think in this game he scored an ace chipped goal...

Rocork 0-8 Yapamillias

Cant rem this game :confused: sorry

Corcaigh09 2-3 Yapamillias

Vgood game...really close, was 3-1 up and he got goal back and i held out for last 5 min

bigballspaul 0-11 Yapamillias

Think it was his first game in league...man u vs liverpool

If they had another center back then maybe it would have been a diff story, lucky goals again...:rolleyes: one or two rebounds

Might be on tomorrow night after 8, send me a message if ya havent played me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

il be on it as soon as my xbox is returned to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

endakenny 1 - 2 Parawind

Haven't played in a few days, i was very rusty and he took the lead early, got it back in the end though :)

Played a couple of matches today

Corcaigh09 2-3 Yapamillias

Vgood game...really close, was 3-1 up and he got goal back and i held out for last 5 min

dear lord, my defenders in this one acted like dopes altogether, one of those games where your screaming at the game "why did you do that?!" your 2 ronaldo goals were effectively tap-ins, far too easy. your free-kick where it rebounded off my wall and landed straight to one of your players for a tap-in was REALLY frustrating as well!

all in all, you probably deserved to win, its just how it happened sucked on my end. you have your through-balls to Ronaldo up front mastered well. any team with slow centre-backs are going to get creamed by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

bigballspaul 0-11 Yapamillias
    Think it was his first game in league...man u vs liverpool
    If they had another center back then maybe it would have been a diff story, lucky goals again...:rolleyes: one or two rebounds

I spent the game cursing that wierdo orange ball.
    It was basically ronaldo and rooney vs liverpool, liverpool never stood a chance. Better get some game time in and try stop that kinda lark from continuing.
    I thought i was alright!!!!

Bring it on tonight folks!

Ill be on again tonight for a few games around 8 or 9, if ive played ya in the league ill give ya a friendly unranked game...not gonna play ranked matches as there are WAY too many cheating £%**%$ playing.:mad:

O yeah, just add as friend 'yapamillias'

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Splender1

Splender1 ( Juventus ) :5
    Yapamillias ( Man Utd ) :2

Sorry about the lag man , im still trying to fix this problem but like i said yesterday its usually fine during the day , :confused:.

I enjoyed the other two friendly games.
    I'll be on later today , around 5 or 6 if u wanna rematch ?

• Advertisement

no worries, ill pop on between5 and 6, hopefully the eircom gnomes will be finished their tea break :D

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

(BigBallsPaul) Liverpool 5 - 1 Bayern München (jwallace007)
    Good game actually, should be round again tonight at 10 if anyones up for a league match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Parawind 1 - 4 Yapamillias

Shocking, how i lost this game, let alone 4 - 1 is just beyond me, really felt i deserved more from the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭lebowski11

Got the "red rings of death" on my xbox the other day.Sending it off for repair tomorrow so I hope to have it back before the 31st of this month when qualifying ends.Sorry to the guys I have yet to play.

2 - 1
    seanog18 - Yapamillias

First game on the new xbox.. I tried my best!

Got one, he scored an equaliser, then i shot in the 85th and reflected against defenders foot...Very unlucky but a really gg, probably the best I've played. I knew what to expect with the above results though :P

(seanog) Barcelona 1-2 Man u (me)

Absolutly shocking game by Berbatov...missed two clear one one chances 6 yards away

Also the most shocking display of tactics formation usage ever...4 at the back...another 2 or 3 right in front of the back 4...didnt deserve to lose that...no chance...:mad:

Well done to seanog though...

my last post reeks of 'just finshed the game about 1 min ago'...arghhhhhhhhhhh

whose "shocking tactics"? Yours or mine? :D

haha very funny...your shocking custom tactics lol...if thats the game were playing then i look foward to the rematch 5-1-4 formation for me :D

• Advertisement

Whats wrong with a 5 - 2 - 3 ? And I didnt change my custom tactics one bit, I just knew you were clinical, so I didnt want to let you get a chance :P

Advertisement