Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie FIFA 09 Season 5 Qualifying League - Results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Al Dunne 3 - 2 Irish Wolverine

Good game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

al dunne 1-3 corcaigh

good game, al was unlucky to only score 1 and i was perhaps lucky to score my 3 goals. 3-0 at half-time, i closed up shop. al's goal came fairly late so the second half was reasonably comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    surprised you didnt bring babel on towards the end, you needed someone to change things when 2-1 down.

ah babel, never does anything for me. Maybe beny or something.
    next time gadget, next time!!!!

Ah well. If anyone's round tonight bout 9ish i should be on.

asharkman wrote: »
    ah babel, never does anything for me. Maybe beny or something.
    next time gadget, next time!!!!

Ah well. If anyone's round tonight bout 9ish i should be on.

babel is one of the best strikers in the game, think about it. he's very fast, maybe more than torres, not bad in the air, both feet are pretty useful shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

babel is one of the best strikers in the game, think about it. he's very fast, maybe more than torres, not bad in the air, both feet are pretty useful shooting.

hes slower than torres. Still very quick by most standards but torres is several points quicker. Plus, Babel's shooting isnt as good as torres'

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    hes slower than torres. Still very quick by most standards but torres is several points quicker. Plus, Babel's shooting isnt as good as torres'

no his shooting isnt as good but its alright and neither foot is that weak. I dont know the stats but babel doesnt feel much slower than torres. overall, i think its worth playing him as liverpool dont have many pacey players.

beekay 3-1 Corcaigh

great game, very open. i was unlucky to lose with little things going against me and maybe on another day, i would have had 4 goals instead of just the 1. credit to beekay though, he was 1 down but came back very well and defended excellently.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭selephonic

beekay 3-1 Corcaigh

great game, very open. i was unlucky to lose with little things going against me and maybe on another day, i would have had 4 goals instead of just the 1. credit to beekay though, he was 1 down but came back very well and defended excellently.

Thanks Corcaigh, I was quite lucky, a draw would have fair. Took a fair beating from bigballs (can't remember the gamertag now) in the game before hand 5-1.

I'm very much regretting picking Arsenal, I had forgotten how weak they are in default squads, I'm used to playing with them updated. No excuse for bad results I know but it can be frustrating sometimes.

I'm pretty sure at this stage I won't get all my games played either, if anyone wants to arrange by PM we can set up a time.

BigBallsPaul82 5 vs 2 BeeeeKay
    This was a frigg'n nail bitter till the last ten minutes when i broke through and scored. Think he fell apart after that.
    Some game before hand though, really evenly matched like.

Threw on babel for the second half actually, might start using him more often, he's fast and strong. Good tip there Corcaigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CapRooney

jesus didn't know the the league finished on the 31st!!! Anyways I have 7 games that I need to finish:

Irish Wolverine
    al dunne
    BeeeeKay
    Darth Brimmy
    RichieMUFC
    BigBallsPaul82
    Brendan Murphy

Could ye send me a PM better yet message me over Xbox Live(CapRooney316) and we can organise a game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I'll extend the league until Friday. Thats the cut off date for the Boards Premiership and Boards Championship, so it'll be good to have everything finishing on the one day.

cool, hope everyone logs on this week

I should be on this evening so look out for me (Al Dunne).

CapRooney wrote: »
    jesus didn't know the the league finished on the 31st!!! Anyways I have 7 games that I need to finish:

How do you know who you have left to play?
    All I can see is games won/lost goals against/for?
    League screen is rubbish far as i can work out!

asharkman wrote: »
    How do you know who you have left to play?

The "Games Left/Remaining" field...I think I set it up so that everyone only plays each other once. In that case if you've played a person already, you'll see a zero for them under that field.

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    The "Games Left/Remaining" field...I think I set it up so that everyone only plays each other once. In that case if you've played a person already, you'll see a zero for them under that field.

Ahhh...........
    Cheers dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Im away most of the week but ill be on friday evening from 7 onwards if anyone has to play me left in the league.

anyone know if you can check out the league online?
    I know you can see your results and stats on
    http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/login
    but can you see a proper league table anywhere?

BigBallsPaul82 vs CapRooney316
    2 - 2 (final score)

Very good game.

al dunne 5 - 0 Im sneaky

What's the story with people ignoring game requests?
    An answer saying no, cant, would be nice (you know who you are)

• Advertisement

al dunne 5 - 0 Im sneaky
    An answer saying no, cant, would be nice (you know who you are)

Depends if your at your xbox or not, i normally check the gamercard to see what they're doing.
    if they're in the middle of a live game I normally message em asking if they wanna play after.
    if they're away there's no guarantee that they'll see it and they won't know you've requested a league game when they comeback either because they disappear after you cancel the request.

So basically message em, if they agree send the invite.
    Anyone got a better system?

That's the thing. I always send a message. I've been sending an invite, waiting 2 or 3 minutes then sending a message saying league game?

Have not got replies from a few people. Not to worry. Just wanted to mention it as will probably not finish all my games because of this.

I always send a message. I've been sending an invite, waiting 2 or 3 minutes then sending a message saying league game?
    Yea is suppose just check the gamer card and see if they're away or what ever.
    I've been playing loads of ranked games lately cause every time I log on there's no one around so just getting practice!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bonescap

anyone around for a league game or friendly now?

Check the gamercard, but always send a message first. Nothing more annoying than consistently getting invites when you're playing a match.

An answer saying no, cant, would be nice (you know who you are
    )

agreed.

Check the gamercard, but always send a message first. Nothing more annoying than consistently getting invites when you're playing a match.

i already do that richie but you have yours saying offline all the time even though fifa confirms you're actually online, no way to tell if you're in a game or not.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

If hes offline or appearing offline then that would suggest that hes not looking to play fifa I would have though? If i see some is on fifa ill check their gamercard then send a pm asking if they want to play, or even if they are in another game ill send a message to see do they want to play our match.
    What i wont do though unlike some people tend to do though is send constant invites, like 5 in the space of a minute hounding them for a game. Also you have to take into account if someone doesnt reply maybe its not them playing, some peoples brothers and gfs use their accounts too.

i already do that richie but you have yours saying offline all the time even though fifa confirms you're actually online, no way to tell if you're in a game or not.

Yes, whenever I'm playing a game offline with a mate. That gamercard in itself should be a hint in itself tbf. If someone sees me playing an exhibition match offline, they always send (multiple) invite(s) regardless which gets pretty bloody annoying. Maybe once or twice a week, hardly "always" as you put it.

Otherwise, i get plagued with invites, when I'm only in the league as a manager to see how things are going and only casually play games to see how people are getting on. I've said this more than once before tbf.

Don't worry about not playing me. Its the rest you need to get played. Moral of the story is that is to send a message first, not an invite. There is no need to send both continually. One message is enough. You've tried and you can't do any more which is fair enough. We want players, not stalkers. ;)

• Advertisement

There is no need to send both continually. One message is enough. You've tried and you can't do any more which is fair enough. We want players, not stalkers. ;)

Sounds like a plan, I suppose we've all got to get used to the dos and donts of live.

I'll be around for 9ish this evening, I've still got like 17games left!

Advertisement