Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie FIFA 09 Season 5 Qualifying League - Results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    We want players, not stalkers. ;)

lol. Damn it.

Right a message first is the plan. I'll be on later if anyone's around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

lol. Damn it.

I knew you'd be disappointed :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

if anyone has to play me, please pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

looks like im done, ill log on tomorrow but id be surprised if i got one more game done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

ya only got a few games left to play but they are all against people who are never on, i'll be on tonight from about 6 so if anyone i haven't played wants to play me we ca get it done then

• Advertisement

Yep I've loads to play but the lads are never on. Hope it's allowed for when doing up the actual leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Splender1

I'll be online today from around 3pm to 6pm so if anyone has myself left to play !!
    I wasn't really online for a few weeks due to internet connection problems but they seem to be fixed now, i think it was a server exhange fault in my area.

Splender1 wrote: »
    I'll be online today from around 3pm to 6pm so if anyone has myself left to play !!
    I wasn't really online for a few weeks due to internet connection problems but they seem to be fixed now, i think it was a server exhange fault in my area.

Had one of those a few years ago. NTL blamed my Xbox and Xbox blamed NTL. Went on for about 2 months. Eventually brought my Xbox to a mates to check and of course, turned out it was NTL. Began ringing them every day but they completely denied it was anything on their side. Then magically it fixed itself after 2 weeks of harassment from me.

Then magically it fixed itself after 2 weeks of harassment from me.

Unfortunately Al, for me it was more like a few months before it got sorted. I must have rang eircom about 30 times and spoke to about 30 technicians. But im still getting high pinging rates , last nite it was at 185 pings, which is very high . Anyway i seem to have no lagging when playing even with this high pinging so im happy .

Splender1 : 6
    BigBallsPaul82 : 0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Yapamillias

Yapamillias 6 - 2 Venom01

Good game, scoreless first half, then the goals came lol, was 2-2 for a while and then i got the breakthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

seanog18 vs BigBallsPaul82
    1 - 1

Had one of those a few years ago. NTL blamed my Xbox and Xbox blamed NTL. Went on for about 2 months. Eventually brought my Xbox to a mates to check and of course, turned out it was NTL. Began ringing them every day but they completely denied it was anything on their side. Then magically it fixed itself after 2 weeks of harassment from me.

i know this is off the topic, but just wanted to say i thought Eircom had fixed my connection problem but it turns out after all the phone calls, the problem is 'Contention Ratio' , so unless my neighbours disappear ! I'm screwed, :mad:.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Or change to a provider with no/smaller contention ratio

So what happens with the league now?

I didn't get to play all my games but am hoping I still get in.

Axwell wrote: »
    Or change to a provider with no/smaller contention ratio

Yeah , well i was told that since all the other providers use Eircom's line then it doesn't matter what they say their ratio is !?

So what happens with the league now?

I didn't get to play all my games but am hoping I still get in.

I didn't either , man .
    But thats not our fault so we should be considered !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

so whats the story, who's through and who isn't?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It will take time to go through the league and see who has been playing their games and making an effort. Also it will depend on how many it is decided will be introduced into the new league when its starting. The league wont be starting till Fifa 2010 comes out anyways in a few weeks time so just be patient and as things get finalised you will hear more on it.

Splender1 wrote: »
    Yeah , well i was told that since all the other providers use Eircom's line then it doesn't matter what they say their ratio is !?

Not necessarily true, they all use the phone lines provided by eircom as they are the ones that run the cables etc and have the monopoly on that but the different companies buy parts of the exchange and also set the number sharing the connection. If you go with another phone provider you will more than likely have the same contention however you also have other options like Smart Telecom, Magnet, NTL and Digiweb depending on where you live and whats available to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Thanks lads, the league is finished

I've been away at the All-Ireland for the weekend (Kilkenny, ftw) and at the Ireland game last night so didn't get to post this any sooner. You'll find out over the next few weeks who has qualified for the main league, which will be held on FIFA 10. Its not out until October 2nd so theres a few weeks to work everything out.

If you aren't planning on buying FIFA 10, then let me know so I don't put you through.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CapRooney

so with fifa10 out todaywhen will we know if were in the league?

Details of the new league season will be posted in the next few days including the names of those that will be included from qualifying so keep an eye on the thread for an update.

Right lads those that qualified will get a pm this evening from Richie and myself on boards and xbox to make sure you see it. You will be required to reply confirm you have got Fifa 10 and are taking part in the league. You will have until Tuesday night to get back to us and confirm your place.

Anyone who doesnt get back to us will have to wait till the next qualifying league if they wish to enter again. Those that didnt qualify will also get the chance to enter the next qualifying league which will start shortly after this season begins.

We will be sorting out team picks shortly afterwards so this is the reason we need confirmation with from those playing, late confirmations will not be accepted as we need to keep things moving to get the league started.

Any reason I didn't get in this league? I played all the games I could as in the last week noone was coming on to play.

Has the league been finalised. Any dropouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭rocally

I'm the same Al , I played as many games as possible and in the end no one in bottom of the league would play . I certainly would not have been the best player in the qualifyng but reckoned I had some chance as i played a good few - hopefully next time

Im not sure if Richie got to send the pms through boards yet as he was having internet problems.
    I however sent those that qualified a message on xbox and from what I can Allofthedunnes see you havent checked there or accept my friends request.
    Rocally off the top of my head I think it was because of your disciplinary record during the games you player, 12 yellows and 4 reds? There will be another qualifying round open shortly after this season starts for those that didnt qualify and new people.

Axwell wrote: »
    Im not sure if Richie got to send the pms through boards yet as he was having internet problems.
    I however sent those that qualified a message on xbox and from what I can Allofthedunnes see you havent checked there or accept my friends request.
    Rocally off the top of my head I think it was because of your disciplinary record during the games you player, 12 yellows and 4 reds? There will be another qualifying round open shortly after this season starts for those that didnt qualify and new people.

oops. Was expecting it on boards and havent been on live in a while. I'll get on this evening thanks Axwell

My post above said it would be on xbox also, as I said Richie has problems with his internet and may not have got to pm people.

You will be expected to play 3 games a week when in the league so being available and checking on xbox regularly is part of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I would like to try out or whatever for the league, GT bucko14189, how long would i have to wait?

Advertisement