Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Busker Blues... a little c&c please

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

It seems a bit over exposed to me (could be my laptop screen though :confused:). The guitarist's facial expression is nice but the crazy fella with the dog takes away from the guitarist. The background is also a bit too noisy. I would maybe have shot wide open and focused on the guitarists face.

Good luck in the comp :)!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It looks out of focus to me, also, I have no idea what's going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I think you messed around with photoshop a bit too much, i really don't like the picture. A bit over exposed and out of focus
    Theres too much going on for the eyes to focus on, the last thing I looked at was the guy with the guitar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I think the guy mimicking the guitar adds to it but yes there is too much going on in the background and it does look over exposed and messed about too much in PS.
    Would have been interesting in B+W.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Yeah Id rework it, it is a very "busy" picture so B&W may suit it a little better I think. Still though a good moment to capture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

3752042784_0c27145a25.jpg?v=0

heres a rework guys, thanks for the c & c regarding the first version. I did mess around alot with it in photoshop and looking at it it doesnt look the sharpest and the over exposure is a consequence of the photoshop messing.

on a side note, i was just told that the chap mimicking the busker recently died... can anyone confirm this or know his name because he was a bit of a character around dublin over the last few years.

B&W doesnt do it justice TBH. Still looks a bit busy/crowded

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

PP won't help the fact that it's a busy picture, but the B&W version is much better.

It could and can help, if you know how!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

Try leaving the guitarist (looks like a young Noel Gallagher) in sharp focus but put a bit of gaussian blur around him. This will make him the focal point of the picture and reduce the impact of the noisy background. A consequence of this, however, is that your man with the hat will just be part of the background. I think the black and white makes it very drab.

p.s. If I'd been taking this I probably would've gone after blondie with the shortish skirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

yeah, i think that the original capture was a good idea but not very well executed at the time....
    thanks for the c&c though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

I definitely prefer the B&W

RIP Crazy Dude

Advertisement