Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worrying beeps...

Options
  • 24-07-2009 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a 6600 quad core(running at stock), 4GB's RAM, 1.5TB's HDD's,8800GTS(320mb), XP SP3,etc.
    Lately, its' beeping randomly while doing nothing in particular (every 5-15 minutes). I've tried posting but it goes straight to the XP loading screen.

Is this something I should be worried about, and if so, how would you suggest i check what/where the problem is? (i've run various diagnostics programmes within windows but nothing shows up).

Thanks for any ideas.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hi,

I have a 6600 quad core(running at stock), 4GB's RAM, 1.5TB's HDD's,8800GTS(320mb), XP SP3,etc.
    Lately, its' beeping randomly while doing nothing in particular (every 5-15 minutes). I've tried posting but it goes straight to the XP loading screen.

Is this something I should be worried about, and if so, how would you suggest i check what/where the problem is? (i've run various diagnostics programmes within windows but nothing shows up).

Thanks for any ideas.

mine done that too, though not as often as yours. I just reset the bios settings on the motherboard, havent had a problem since

Advertisement