Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SHAMROCK SQUARE

Options
  • 24-07-2009 3:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭

Passed through Shamrock Square about half an hour ago and all the traffic lights are off and there are bollards and temporary warning lights on all the approach roads. Do the council not realise that Carlow sees a lot of traffic at this hour? Its mayhem out there. Also, what are they doing there??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

they don't care..

it's been like that all during the day
    a free for all!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

SV wrote: »
    they don't care..

it's been like that all during the day
    a free for all!

Seriously??? Fcukin hell that must have been fun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

it's been like that since Monday or Tuesday off the whole time, all week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

The council are replacing the lights and all the wiring but they haven't got a clue about traffic management.

They were sending traffic from green lane up the pollerton road and had no diversion signs to tell people where to go from there.

But artics and lorries can't fit up there so they'd stop all traffic coming from KK and let them straight through. (much to the confusion of the cars behind them :rolleyes:)

If they diverted traffic at the Firestation via Fairgreen to aldi they would have cut out most of the hassle.

kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

i didnt stop to look yet but who or what is the new sculpture at shamrock square of the guy holding up the circular bar, any idea who its meant to be?

• Advertisement

nagero wrote: »
    The council are replacing the lights and all the wiring but they haven't got a clue about traffic management.

They were sending traffic from green lane up the pollerton road and had no diversion signs to tell people where to go from there.

But artics and lorries can't fit up there so they'd stop all traffic coming from KK and let them straight through. (much to the confusion of the cars behind them :rolleyes:)

If they diverted traffic at the Firestation via Fairgreen to aldi they would have cut out most of the hassle.

kevin

theres a few routes alright I can think of that would be better, even the o'brien road and around the relief road then, would be better

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Its crazy there, nearly had a crash with someone last night there. No one is giving proper right of way to the main road of traffic coming from kilkenny.

HugoIrl wrote: »
    Its crazy there, nearly had a crash with someone last night there. No one is giving proper right of way to the main road of traffic coming from kilkenny.

not your driving no??:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

I was in Carlow doing my shopping last night and the lights at Hanover bridge were out and so were those at Shamrock square. There was 2 Garda Cars around.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

patrickc wrote: »
    not your driving no??:pac:

Alright ................maybe 50/50 :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭e-Mo0?

Passed through it the other day, was maddness. Like to know how many crashes there's been so far...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 master-d

e-Mo0? wrote: »
    Passed through it the other day, was maddness. Like to know how many crashes there's been so far...

I havent been through it at peak times yet but i think of peak it nearly works smoother without the lights, so long as you keep a good eye out of whats happening around you!

Advertisement