Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To the 3 fellas that stole my top hat tonight

• 24-07-2009 4:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭

F*ck you!

F*ck you from the deepest darkest part of my heart

you stole the last birtthday gift i recieved from my father before he passed away.

I've had people grab my hat before an run with it, but you are the first to keep running even when I catch up with you and tell you it was the last gift I got from my father.

You are the first to simply take and run the hat. F*ck you!

You have taken something special from me. And for what? Some drunken laugh that you will throw away by the end of the night?

F*CK YOU!

That hat was unique and special. I dont care about the goggles or anything just the hat itself, a brown high topper with no inner lining. A 21st birthday gift from a father to his son. ANd you grab it and run. And when I catch up and shout that it was a gift from my father you still run.

F*CK YOU!

IF anyone finds a brother or boyfriend of friend suddenly has a brown top hat with no inner lining tell them, they are a d*ck and they took something special to me.

F*CK YOU!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Thats terrible, can only imagine how much that meant to ya man....

Try calling the pub (or wherever ya were) tomorrow and see did anyone drop it back in, and check around the area too to see if they just chucked it somewhere.

Hopefully ya get it back somehow.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭x MarK x

Hope some bad sh.it happens ta them. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Thats terrible, can only imagine how much that meant to ya man....

Try calling the pub (or wherever ya were) tomorrow and see did anyone drop it back in, and check around the area too to see if they just chucked it somewhere.

Hopefully ya get it back somehow.

:(

I was in mcdonalds at the time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Someone took the hat?! Fuck THAT!

I'm sorry to hear that Blitz, if I see it about town I'll do everything I can to get it back for you, you have my word.

Fukking bastards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Why were you wearing it out and around if it was so special to you? Fancy dress?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I was in mcdonalds at the time :(

Ah balliiiiix! Car park maybe!!? Try going to the same place tomorrow around same time if possible or next week. Same lads could be there. May seem like a silly idea but worked for me once when I had to take care of someone something. :rolleyes:

Why were you wearing it out and around if it was so special to you? Fancy dress?

As I said I have had it grabbed on me before, but it has always been given back when I caught up with the culprit and told them how important it was.

THis was the first time that didnt happen.

I'll take the ban for this one and just tell you to fukk off being so bloody insensitive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Why were you wearing it out and around if it was so special to you?

Answer is in the question I think.

Sad story. :mad:

Post a pic of the hat perhaps?

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Answer is the question I think.

n506326800_824210_9381.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I try and stay out of burger 'restaurants' that late at night as they are full of scum and it just angers me. Just saw two lads trying to rob a bike (posted it over in emergency services).

I hate scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

F*ck you!

F*ck you from the deepest darkest part of my heart

you stole the last birtthday gift i recieved from my father before he passed away.

I've had people grab my hat before an run with it, but you are the first to keep running even when I catch up with you and tell you it was the last gift I got from my father.

You are the first to simply take and run the hat. F*ck you!

You have taken something special from me. And for what? Some drunken laugh that you will throw away by the end of the night?

F*CK YOU!

That hat was unique and special. I dont care about the goggles or anything just the hat itself, a brown high topper with no inner lining. A 21st birthday gift from a father to his son. ANd you grab it and run. And when I catch up and shout that it was a gift from my father you still run.

F*CK YOU!

IF anyone finds a brother or boyfriend of friend suddenly has a brown top hat with no inner lining tell them, they are a d*ck and they took something special to me.

F*CK YOU!

Sir, i take my hat off to you....

Sorry, I just hat to post t-hat :pac:

As I said I have had it grabbed on me before, but it has always been given back when I caught up with the culprit and told them how important it was.

Ah thats sh1tty, there are alot of horrible ba$tards out there that would do it though, ill never forget the time when we were drinkin and one of the lads from work grabbed a hat off an old man on the street and ran. I was shocked!
    orestes wrote: »
    I'll take the ban for this one and just tell you to fukk off being so bloody insensitive
    Youre a mod, you dont get bans.
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    Answer is the question I think.

Cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

It was a legitimate question, keyboard warrior!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Well, in fairness, it can only happen once, getting that exact hat stolen and never returned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭IrishSerf

A 21st birthday gift from a father to his son.

Why did your Dad give you that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

It was a legitimate question, keyboard warrior!

I thought so too

IrishSerf wrote: »

Because its what I asked for.

Youre a mod, you dont get bans.

I was banned from the Nocturnal forum while I was still a mod there, you're arguement is completely groundless. Mods normally don't get banned because they understand how this site works, but if they deserve it they definitely do. I read your post as utterly insensitive to a very personal issue for someone else. Just cos it's not important to you doesn't mean it's not important.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

Were they the fashion police?

• Advertisement

I was banned from the Nocturnal forum while I was still a mod there,

Who cares? What do you want from me? A Medal?
    I'm jumping on the grenade here cos you were utterly insensitive to a very personal issue for someone else. Just cos it's not important to you doesn't meanit's not important.

Em, afew other posters dont seem to think so.

PS Its afterhours, not the place for emotions matey. Huh and you claim to know how the site works. Chortle chortle!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Life ebbs and flows dude. I don't mean to slag you off, but if your memories of your dad lie in a lost hat, then you need a shake up.

It's a sickener, but you know what, he was still your dad, and nothing has changed. My dad is dead too - died when i was 19, but my love for him doesnt linger in items.

So if you miss your hat, buy a new one ... but remember, the hat ain't no substitute for your old boy. So, HTFU and stop grieving for a hat - grieve for your dad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

That's a real shame, most people are real pricks. Actually, no. Most people are real pricks when they're surrounded by their peers. I'm sure afterward the person who took your hat stopped and thought about what you said and felt like an asshole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭IrishSerf

Originally Posted by IrishSerf viewpost.gif

good shopper your Dad. In Dublin last wkd, looking for a cheap pint, couldnt find one. Nice hat mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

maybe you should permanently glue it to your head

that way know one can grab it

PS Its afterhours, not the place for emotions matey. Huh and you claim to know how the site works. Chortle chortle!:D

AH is not 4chan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

What are you talking about? He was genuinely interested in why he would bring a hat like that out in town, especially since it has been taken on him before. There's nothing asshole about that, unless he started the thread just for 10 pages of 'I'm sorry for your loss' posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'll gladly donate $5 to the Blitzkrieg's New Top Hat Foundation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I was in the bathroom at the time unfortunetly and missed the whole thing.

They were lucky... I'm a hat theif's worst nightmare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I was in the bathroom at the time unfortunetly and missed the whole thing.

They were lucky... I'm a hat theif's worst nightmare!
    Its ok monkey. im sure you were preparing feces whence to sling at thine foe.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

was the whole thing a lot more difficult to take as you were left with a rabbitt on your noggin for all the world to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

But seriously. Blitzkreig, which McDonald's was the hat taken from you in?

Google Maps link? Maybe there's a few people on here who wouldn't mind helping you look for it. I know that if you happened to live near my that I wouldn't mind (unemployed).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

banquo wrote: »
    *Waves goodbye*

But seriously. Blitzkreig, which McDonald's was the hat taken from you in?

Google Maps link? Maybe there's a few people on here who wouldn't mind helping you look for it. I know that if you happened to live near my that I wouldn't mind (unemployed).

O'Connell Bridge. I just had an apple pie and coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 collector

is there not cameras all over these mc donalds go back and get the film of the culprit .you were robbed on there premises they have to be help you out in getting your hat back or next stop the radio stations if it was mine
    i would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

O'Connell Bridge. I just had an apple pie and coffee.

In the unlikely event that you could get the CCTV from McDonald's or some image of their faces, I'd say that someone on here would probably recognise them.

Or just go back same time next week with tasers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Sorry for your loss but why were you wearing goggles and a top hat? Some character from a book?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭jum4

Sorry for your loss but why were you wearing goggles and a top hat? Some character from a book?

cant believe it has taken this long for someone to ask the obviuos question!

why???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Steampunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

He liked it and it meant a lot to him... I don't get the need for analysing and questioning the item or the wearing of it... or the need to be c*nts just because "this is After Hours". :confused:

Dudess wrote: »
    He liked it and it meant a lot to him... I don't get the need for analysing and questioning the item or the wearing of it... or the need to be c*nts just because "this is After Hours". :confused:

In fairness, the majority of people being cnuts are most likely cnuts everywhere, as oppossed to exlusive internet cuntistry.

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    I don't get the need for analysing and questioning the item or the wearing of it... :

ok so he posted the topic, should we have just sit here and not reply?

If it meant that much should have been more carful

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭up them Schteps

It's not about how ridiclious the hat looks, it's the sentiment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Where did they run to? people generally can't run that far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Just out of interest, what way did they run off with it? I'm around the town centre mostly everyday, I'll keep an eye out for it. And there would be no harm in asking the manager of the McDonalds to have a look at the cctv cams.

Hope it turns up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

jum4 wrote: »
    Where did I say or even suggest you should just sit there and not reply? I said I don't see the need to be a ****, that's not the same thing as the former.

jum4 wrote: »

If it meant that much should have been more carful

My mother used to always say "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything".

My father, perhaps a less eloquent but more enlightened soul used to say "A **** will always be a **** when their out of reach".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

PS Its afterhours, not the place for emotions matey.
    Is that right? whatever it is, it isn't a place for trolling. Take it some where else, matey.
    Huh and you claim to know how the site works. Chortle chortle!:D
    You clearly don't.

OP, sorry to hear about the hat. They sound like a bunch of spas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Dragan wrote: »
    My father, perhaps a less eloquent but more enlightened soul used to say "A **** will always be a **** when their out of reach".

Oh I like that one.

I don't get the need for analysing and questioning is what you said!

just sounds funny, are you implying unless we agree with poster we should keep out sentiments/questions to ourselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

^I thought that was a genuine enough question tbh. I think people are overreacting somewhat with the namecalling and such.

Still though, that really sucks BlitzKrieg. :( Hope you get it back somehow.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement