Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To the 3 fellas that stole my top hat tonight

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Nerin wrote: »
    Thats ridiculous,oh well it sucks the world is like that,what can we do.
    Its attitudes like that that let scumbags go around like they're the untouchables.
    An old lady came into our shop for a door chain yesterday and explained that scumbags had kicked in her door. The guards solution-get a better lock.

:rolleyes:

This is why we can't have nice things! :(

Sorry to hear that blitz,and sorry to hear the story behind the hat.
    And yes,monkeyfudge is very protective of peoples hats.

Welcome to the real world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Dinter wrote: »
    Report it to the Gardai. Tell them it's on camera and ask them if a Garda could call down and review the tapes in McDonalds.

As there aren't many places to obtain a top hat these days and because it was a 21st birthday present there must be a (substantial) value to it so estimate the cost of replacement.

I assume from the fact that you confronted them and they still refused to return it that they must have intimidated you or maybe even threatened you into backing off. This is an important point to stress.

Tell them that you understand that it might not appear to be the most important crime but the hat is of enormous sentimental value to you and there is a chance they may recognise one of the scrotes who took it.

This whole post is a good idea but unlucky to reach any positive conclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

What a clever response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Sorry to hear that happened Blitz, I know how much the hat means to you.
    Bastards may theynever have a moments luck and may they die roaring in pain.

What a clever response.

Glad you liked it.

Like i said earlier, in an ideal world these things woudnt happen but they do.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that happened Blitz, I know how much the hat means to you.
    Bastards may theynever have a moments luck and may they die roaring in pain.

Bit harsh! The robbed a hat they didnt murder anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Well you are hooge.

Nah man, these days i am just fat!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dord wrote: »
    I don't see why people are questioning why someone would wear a hat! It's an item of clothing that people... err wear.
    I don't see why more people are not questioning it, and are putting up a front as though there is nothing unusual about the hat in the slightest. This thread is like the emporers new clothes, lots of "kids" are pointing out that he is naked and loads are still denying/dismissing it for some reason. The style of hat is an elephant in the room. I don't think I have ever seen a top hat on anybody other than a concierge or on TV. It is extremely unusual I don't get why people are trying to act like it is not.
    People taking traffic cones, glasses from the pub. These things happen in town, most people dont mean any harm by it but ya gotta expect it to happen, ive never worn a hat on Paddys day or whatever and not had someone take it off me.
    Particularly a hat, which for all intents and purposes looks to the layman as though it is a fancy dress costume and purchased in the pound shop. It's like wearing a leprechaun hat to Oxegen and expecting a greater than 20% chance that you will return with it.
    Exactly. Somebody else said their cowboy hat was taken too, this would not surprise me in the slightest either. If I wore out big sparkly elton john sunglasses I would expect them to be taken too. Doesn't mean it is OK but I would expect it.
    Quazzie wrote: »
    So you accept its going to get robbed, therefore making it acceptable to you for someone to rob it.
    That is faulty logic. I accept that murders happen, it doesn't make them acceptable to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

What a clever response.

You've got to love The Matrix!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

So you accept its going to get robbed, therefore making it acceptable to you for someone to rob it.

Thats some of the problem right there. We, as a society, now accept that **** likes this goes on. I know if I was there I would've tried to stop them 3 guys getting away with the hat. I wonder how many, like you, stood aside watching them three guys running past them, thinking to themselves "Ah sure he shouldn't be wearing a hat anyway".
    There's two types of acceptability here. It's not respectable behaviour to steal the hat but you have to admit it's not surprising either. The OP must have known going out that this was likely to happen and accepted the risk.

I'm not trying to say it's ok or he has no right to complain but the fact of the matter is a funky hat is going to attract the village prick and he's going to try and steal your hat. That's just a fact of life.

• Advertisement

Insurgent wrote: »
    You've got to love The Matrix!

Especially Keanu Reeves in leather :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

It is quite depressing that even in our capital city, looking in any way individual means you are making yourself a target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Especially Keanu Reeves in leather :D

Prefer Carrie Ann Moss in it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

rubadub wrote: »
    That is faulty logic. I accept that murders happen, it doesn't make them acceptable to me.

Do you accept that the reason for murders is because the victim and careless and should've been expected to get murdered. Do you think murder victims are responsible for their murders for not being precautionary enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Draupnir wrote: »
    This whole post is a good idea but unlucky to reach any positive conclusion.

That's true but if it was something belonging to me I'd like to think I did as much as I could

Do you accept that the reason for murders is because the victim and careless and should've been expected to get murdered. Do you think murder victims are responsible for their murders for not being precautionary enough?

We're talking about a hat on your head in town where there's drunk people, its inevitable.

So if ya want a similar situation, if someone who walks through Compton with i hate black people written on their tshirt, then yeh it would be expected they'd get shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Cianos wrote: »
    It is quite depressing that even in our capital city, looking in any way individual means you are making yourself a target.
    Looking individual, standing out from the crowd. I'm sure he wore the hat to make himself a target probably hoping to attract ladies more so than hat thief's but it's the same as public figures, if you want to stand out and get noticed you might not like the attention you end up getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I can't believe you are being as obtuse as you are in trying to create a valid argument for himself.

If a random stranger got murdered in a usually quiet neighbourhood while not making themselves a target for murder then you'd say fair enough.

If a person puts them into a situation where murderers are likely to be and then indicates that they are there and quite "murderable" then I'd be wondering why they didn't have the cop on to avoid that situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

It bowlers me over that people can do this kind of thing.
    I certainly hope they trilby punished.

• Advertisement

In some cases yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Would people care as much if the op wasn't a mod?

People should be able to wear what they want without idiots, who feel threatened by something that's different, essentially, bullying them. I'm not sure why they chose to actually steal the hat, as oppose to just running around with it for a bit. Maybe they actually liked your hat.

To the people who say why was he wearing it out if it meant so much to him....Hats are meant to be worn, if it was a necklace or watch would you be saying the same thing to him?

Would people care as much if the op wasn't a mod?

People should be able to wear what they want without idiots, who feel threatened by something that's different, essentially, bullying them. I'm not sure why they chose to actually steal the hat, as oppose to just running around with it for a bit. Maybe they actually liked your hat.

To the people who say why was he wearing it out if it meant so much to him....Hats are meant to be worn, if it was a necklace or watch would you be saying the same thing to him?

Depends on which mod it was :pac::pac:

In an ideal world yes, but in reality no!

You're not going to stand out in the crowd with a necklace or a watch like you would with a top hat!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭waxer1986

some ppl are responsible true there actions in the months before they die

if it was a necklace or watch would you be saying the same thing to him?
    If they were an extremely unusual style which appeared like fancy dress and that a drunken scumbag might be wear for a laugh, then yes.

e.g. If his "watch" was a clock round his neck like the rapper flavor flav, then people would be saying the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

waxer1986 wrote: »

Well that was a chilling first post.

• Advertisement

:eek:

Cue Halloween music........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

sorry dude i needed the hat for my Clockwork Orange play. Send me your address and i will swap you my disco wig!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    :eek:

Cue Halloween music........

lol shoulda tought off that lol

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    n506326800_824210_9381.jpg

I think I saw you and your hat in the pub last night (a dude in a top hat stands out) - sorry someone stole it from you :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

rubadub wrote: »
    I don't see why more people are not questioning it, and are putting up a front as though there is nothing unusual about the hat in the slightest. This thread is like the emporers new clothes, lots of "kids" are pointing out that he is naked and loads are still denying/dismissing it for some reason. The style of hat is an elephant in the room. I don't think I have ever seen a top hat on anybody other than a concierge or on TV. It is extremely unusual I don't get why people are trying to act like it is not.

'tis called a clique.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

Slowly backing out the door now!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

sorry dude i needed the hat for my Clockwork Orange play. Send me your address and i will swap you my disco wig!

Oh silly such a waste, it's bowler hats in clockwork orange!! :p

Well that was a chilling first post.

have to start somewhere lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Op have ya thought about ringing some radio show, the likes of the Ray Darcy show often has missing appeal type things

have to start somewhere lol

Keep it up and one day you'll make it as a multiple serial killer

Slowly backing out the door now!! :eek:
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Dudess wrote: »
    He liked it and it meant a lot to him... I don't get the need for analysing and questioning the item or the wearing of it... or the need to be c*nts just because "this is After Hours". :confused:

I normally agree with a lot (how's that Terry?) of your posts, but i'm afraid this time I have to disagree. Up until all the "you should EXPECT" posts, it was a genuine thread. Calling people cnuts because of a lack of sensitivity towards someone they've never met is just not on.
    Is this country of ours, that was once held in such regard, gone so far that now a man can't wear a hat out because the average person is a scumbag and will take it. Has it gotten that bad that we should Expect people to be scumbags now?

No, no and thrice no. We Shouldn't. As has been pointed out, though, if I had an article of clothing that was repeatedly stolen (even if it's only for a mess), I'd be a bit more watchful over it. Especially if it meant so much to me.
    bronte wrote: »
    This is why I can never wear hats. Some jackass will always think its 'funny' to rob it.

I'm forever lamenting the fact that we, as a generation, no not wear hats in general. If everybody wore hats, then nobody would go around robbing them as there would be no novelty factor. However, the reason I never wear hats is that really good ones cost a fortune, so i tend to mull it over in my mind for a while, during which time Justin Timberlake or some other cockfag is pictured in the paper wearing something similar. You couldn't wear it then could ya?

@OP: Having sh1t stolen is never any fun. Something that important must be ten times as bad. Hope you get it back.

Also, the following....
    BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I don't even want to know why anyone would go around looking like that, but this is Dublin, I'm assuming you're from here or live here, you should know that any expression of individuality or eccentricity is ridiculed here, and the hat would have been swiped sooner or later by some asshole. You can't even have long hair here without getting abuse over it now and again. Quelle surprise is my reaction!!!

....is absolute bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭plissken

What a clever response.

What a witty retort.:rolleyes:

jenizzle wrote: »
    I think I saw you and your hat in the pub last night (a dude in a top hat stands out) - sorry someone stole it from you :(

The hats an alcoholic!

The hats an alcoholic!

:confused: It was drinking ballygowan

• Advertisement

Keep it up and one day you'll make it as a multiple serial killer
    :D

Oh silly such a waste, it's bowler hats in clockwork orange!! :p

its a ression love, sometimes you have to make do.

:confused: It was drinking ballygowan

Even worse its on 'E'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭uprising

Sorry to hear about your hat, but when i saw the pic I broke my bolllix laughing, you shouldnt have landed your time travel hot air balloon in dublin city centre, especially at night, just as well the cunnts didnt take that aswell, you'd be stuck here in 2009.

uprising wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your hat, but when i saw the pic I broke my bolllix laughing, you shouldnt have landed your time travel hot air balloon in dublin city centre, especially at night, just as well the cunnts didnt take that aswell, you'd be stuck here in 2009.

lol :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

uprising wrote: »

Really sorry about your hat, people are twats. I'm all for individualism and like to reflect that in how I dress. Hope you get your hat back as it also has personal value!!

But that said the above post is making me laugh so hard I can't breathe!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I had a hat robber once, So i unleashed the bouncers on him and he got dragged out of the place, He wasn't laughing after that.

Dr. Seuss suffered the same faith when he visited Dublin.

I found the culprit, she has also been guilty for crimes against music!

• Advertisement

I found the culprit, she has also been guilty for crimes against music!

Here she is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement