Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia Skilled Migration (Subclass 175)

Options
  • 24-07-2009 5:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭

Hi

Am considering an application for visa subclass 175.

My skills are on the SOL and the MODL lists. So I have the points and some to spare.

I understand the process takes approximately 1 year.

Its a big decision ... I know this visa is not a WHV type, i.e. you are expected to make a life in Oz not come and go as you please.

Just wondering has anyone completed this, any pitfalls, tip or tricks.

Appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

takes longer than a year.

You can come and go as you please and anything in between. Nothing is expected of you except obay the law.
    the only rules are
    a) a valdation date to "activate" the visa
    b) a "do not enter by" date on the visa after which , if you are outside Aus, you need a return residents visa

remember when you apply, DIAC reserve the right to change points, skills on SOL/MODL at any time they please and bin your application if they please. Rarely happens but can. Just dont assume as you meet the points you will sail through.

I would suggest spending some cash and talking to a registered migration agent based in Australia for an inital consultation (usually costs around a 100 or so euro).

My best bit of advise...After you lodge your application get on with life and dont put your whole life on hold waiting for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Thanks myhorse

Yes have been taking a look at forums and old threads here. Sound advice about not putting my life on hold.

Am currently based in KL and am soon to be married ... both of us would like to remain in AsiaPac but not nessarily KL ... having done a WHV in Sydney I miss the lifestyle I had there, and even then that was on meagre wages.

We have a MARA registered agent assess both of us seperately and jointly and both of us pass the points now. Accept that nothing is a gaurantee but I think for the cost its worth it.

Care to elaborate on the processing time? We have been told 1 year by 3 MARA registered agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Care to elaborate on the processing time?

It depends on your occupation, if you are on the 175 Critical Skills List it could take 5-6 months.

State sponsorship 176 (same as 175) 3 months

and employer 856/121 about 2 weeks.

read for yourself http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Care to elaborate on the processing time?

It depends on your occupation, if you are on the 175 Critical Skills List it could take 5-6 months.

State sponsorship 176 (same as 175) 3 months

and employer sponsored 856/121 about 2 weeks.

Non-CSL 175 and family sponsored are currently taking 2-3 years.

read for yourself http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Advertisement