Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

controlling zones for solid fuel range and oil

• 24-07-2009 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Just wondering what people have used to control zones with oil (or WP), a solid fuel range with a back boiler and solar panels?

What i want to do is to have a timer controlling upstairs and downstairs zones (and maybe 2 underfloor zones )
    so basicially in the morning say
    7-8am the upstairs zone is being heated
    and 9am-9pm the upstairs zone is turned off and downstairs is being heated only
    10pm to 11pm upstairs is being heated and downstairs is off
    11pm to 7am all zones are off unless the temp fails below 10 degrees...

now seems that is easy enough to do with timers but the range makes this more complicated ??
    i was told i needed something called a syslinks box or something like that and i cannot see any info on that?
    but i couldn't use timers with that...

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for what to use or has experience in putting in what i am looking for ?
    also if anyone could correct the spelling of "syslinks" i be greatfull so i can google it
    :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kenneth2

ok it's called Systemlink, now to see what it actually does..

its fine i called them and the sent drawings.
    So hopefully it'll be easy to install now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Self help if I ever saw it...!! ;)

yep very true, i expected to get a sales pitch,
    of course that is possible, your plumber and sparkie will sort it out for you...

but i almost fell off my chair when he said he'd email on drawing to make it clear !!

makes a change from the usual sales talk..
    At least now i can say to the electrician with confidence that it can be done see this ...

anyway as u can guess i am happy and shocked..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

with all that kit, how do you intend managing the excess heat from the solid fuel range in the event of a power cut?

Its all fine and dandy to have a nice drawing from SL for your sparks/plumber but make damn sure they
    a: understand it.
    b: do it as per the drawing.

Lots of them just do their own thing, the old ways and could not be bothered even reading the drawings

• Advertisement
Advertisement