Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suit wearing badly

Options
  • 24-07-2009 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,407 ✭✭✭✭

I bought a suit over xmas in the St Stephens Green centre , it was on sale but it was still around €190, anyway the troursers are not wearing well. From memory I've never had to dump a suit in the year I bought it.
    Is it reasonable to go in to look for a replacement? as such I'd be happy to pay for a second pair (the jacket is fine) but can imagine that they wont have them now. I've heard some shops buy in cheap stuff for sales so could explain it. Any advise? can I go in all guns blazing or not?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

silverharp wrote: »
    I bought a suit over xmas in the St Stephens Green centre , it was on sale but it was still around €190, anyway the troursers are not wearing well. From memory I've never had to dump a suit in the year I bought it.
    Is it reasonable to go in to look for a replacement? as such I'd be happy to pay for a second pair (the jacket is fine) but can imagine that they wont have them now. I've heard some shops buy in cheap stuff for sales so could explain it. Any advise? can I go in all guns blazing or not?

Is that shop upstairs in the center? if its the same I bought one there years ago and it didnt last much time,less than a month of 2 times a week wear, compared to a €20 Dunnes Stores one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,407 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Is that shop upstairs in the center? if its the same I bought one there years ago and it didnt last much time,less than a month of 2 times a week wear, compared to a €20 Dunnes Stores one.

Yep ! I see a pattern here

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If the material in the jacket is fine but not in the trousers than it doesn't sound like a manufacturing fault, or else the jacket would also be unwareable.

Sorry, but I think live and learn

or

The small claims court!!

I would have thought that the vast majority of suit places will stock trousers to suit a helluva lot of different jacket designs and colours. Go in and see..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,407 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    If the material in the jacket is fine but not in the trousers than it doesn't sound like a manufacturing fault, or else the jacket would also be unwareable.

Sorry, but I think live and learn

or

The small claims court!!

the jacket is fine because I only wear it it for about 30 min a day , rest of the time its on the back of the chair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭waves

What material is it?

If it's anything other than wool or cotton, then it will wear out quickly..... especially if there is any polyester in it/

Advertisement