Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES/FIFA Forum-Premier League Fantasy Football

Options
  • 17-07-2009 3:14pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right lads as some of you know fantasy football is back this season..theres a boards league in place at the minute over on the soccer thread for more info.

In the mean time i thought it would be good to setup one for those of us playing in the leagues here for our own little competition.

Ive set it up and will post the code below. For those not familiar with fantasy football have a look at http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

I am only opening it to people already playing in our league hence why im posting it here and not starting a new thread, also as this is not the soccer forum please dont post a hundred replies about who you are picking etc etc..the place for that is the soccer forum but as i said im setting this up just for our group.

So if you are interested sign up and use the code to join..
    The rules i have are simple, pm me when you have joined with your team name and gamertag so i know who you are..so we dont have any joinging that arent in our league..and also please dont post here about it as its not a fifa/xbox related issue but I have no choice to post it here so you are aware of it. If FG gives the go ahead for me to setup a thread seperate for it thats fine but for now ill just post here in the hope you can all avoid posting any more about it. If you have any questions pm me instead.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/
    Code to join this league: 177179-63773

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

We do need a thread somewhere to discuss it tho. Any suggestions? It would probably get lost on Soccer forum. Don't see why it couldnt be posted here, as its league related.

And joe ive used fantasy presmierleague before and it is great. But you get 1 free transfer a week which is a bit nonsense tbh. Every year, I pick the best team. Then the eejits in my league who make mistakes and end up with players injured / not starting / playing poorly etc.....cheat by just transferring in the form players. Its pointless because people teams they start with are nothing like the team they end with and proves nothing. Call me a purist, but imo you should get maybe 3 transfers in January and thats it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

For those that didnt see it cos its back a few pages and theres no sign of the unnecessary posts being cleared up heres a reminder about the fantasy football league i setup....

Right lads as some of you know fantasy football is back this season..theres a boards league in place at the minute over on the soccer thread for more info.

In the mean time i thought it would be good to setup one for those of us playing in the leagues here for our own little competition.

Ive set it up and will post the code below. For those not familiar with fantasy football have a look at http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

I am only opening it to people already playing in our league hence why im posting it here and not starting a new thread, also as this is not the soccer forum please dont post a hundred replies about who you are picking etc etc..the place for that is the soccer forum but as i said im setting this up just for our group.

So if you are interested sign up and use the code to join..
    The rules i have are simple, pm me when you have joined with your team name and gamertag so i know who you are..so we dont have any joinging that arent in our league..and also please dont post here about it as its not a fifa/xbox related issue but I have no choice to post it here so you are aware of it. If you have any questions pm me.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/
    Code to join this league: 177179-63773

Still havent received pms from everyone to match the amount of people registered so can those that havent pmmed me please do so.

Cheers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Fantasy Football..

Cheers to those that have joined, so far we have 11 teams but im hoping the rest of you sign up, it will be good craic. Some of you still have to send me a pm with your team name so I know who you are (see below).

Torres Scorres
    Carrigans Celtic
    Wadelai FC
    Ray Finkles XI

Also there has been some interest in putting some money in a pot, €10 a head seems to be the general consensus with winner takes all at the end. It makes it much more exciting and interesting and with 11 involved so far it could be a nice pot for someone to win. All the money will have to be paid in advance and a list of those that have paid will be posted before the season kicks off, no late payments will be accepted. Paypal is probably the handiest way to organise it I would say. Maybe those interested could just post and give a yes below so we can see.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Axwell, take it away!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm definately on for the tenner a man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

My team is in the works, I'm currently -25 million :D

Cheers FG.

Still waiting for a pm from the owners of

Wadelai FC

In for a tenner are:

Myself
    Moz
    Mr Moon
    Future Guy
    BFassassin
    neilhimself
    Bennyc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Im sure I could manage to throw a tenner into a pot too.

Just to clarify, as the thread title FG has put up is a bit confusing. This Fantasy Football League is only open to those currently playing in the Fifa Xbox leagues. Anyone not from there will be removed on the opening day.

We have 13 teams now..keep them coming lads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Ive joined this. How would paying or recieving the money work? Ive never used pay pal? It would make it more interesting having a bit of money in it too.

• Advertisement

Money is paid to me before the league starts either by paypal or by lodging it to my bank account. No late payments are allowed so its money upfront to make sure no one says later oh ill pay now or whatever. At the end ill lodge the money to the winners account or by paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

I'm signed up. I'll also do a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Reganovski

I'll pay a tenner too :)

Now a question, lets say they are 20 entrants and each pay a tenner. Thats €200. Will you pay the interest you earn over the next 9-10 months to the winner as well? :D
    .......only joking!!:D

Still waiting for a pm from the owner of

Wadelai FC

In for a tenner are:

Myself
    Moz
    Mr Moon
    Future Guy
    BFassassin
    neilhimself
    Bennyc
    Reganoski

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I'm in now.

Very hard to pick a team this year, prices seem to be a lot higher. Feckin man city, driving the prices up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

oops. twas me holding up the show. I am Wadelai FC. Put me in for the tenner also!

So in for a tenner we have

Myself
    Moz
    Mr Moon
    Future Guy
    BFassassin
    neilhimself
    Bennyc
    Reganoski
    Sparky360
    Y2J_MUFC

Any more takers or signups???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Yeah..... and why not do the "I know the score" thing while we are at it?

I struggled to pick my team.... even with a modest enough squad I ended up with minus 5.5 million.

Yeh, i'm in for a tenner. should be good fun. Gonna have to set some time aside to build my team today. It's a science, it is! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Axwell wrote: »

Myself
    Moz
    Mr Moon
    Future Guy
    BFassassin
    neilhimself
    Bennyc
    Reganoski
    Sparky360
    Y2J_MUFC

Any more takers or signups???

Well I said I was in as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Im home saturday lunch time, Ill get a team by sunday morning and im in for a tenner, Unless you dont like losing to 16 year olds :D

Sorry meant to say I was in for a tenner aswell. Ive only a 3v credit card thing btw.

How do you actually enter for a tenner? Sorry if that sounds a bit stupid but ive never used paypal or any of that sort of thing before.

mika27 wrote: »
    Well I said I was in as well.

You said im in now whic i assumed to be your team and not the tenner..ill add you to the list ..
    SDTimeout wrote: »
    Im home saturday lunch time, Ill get a team by sunday morning and im in for a tenner, Unless you dont like losing to 16 year olds :D

Wont be losing to you so doesnt bother me but ill happily take your tenner :p
    joe123 wrote: »
    Sorry meant to say I was in for a tenner aswell. Ive only a 3v credit card thing btw.

How do you actually enter for a tenner? Sorry if that sounds a bit stupid but ive never used paypal or any of that sort of thing before.

I answered you already when you asked this a few posts back, you pay me by paypal or can lodge the money to my bank account. Ill give you payment details closer to the time, its dead easy.

Axwell
    Moz
    Mr Moon
    Future Guy
    BFassassin
    neilhimself
    Bennyc
    Reganoski
    Sparky360
    Y2J_MUFC
    Mika27
    Joe the dog

Kirby wrote: »
    Yeh, i'm in for a tenner. should be good fun. Gonna have to set some time aside to build my team today. It's a science, it is! :p
    :pac:

Kirby wrote: »
    :pac:

When you have a team in the league ill stick you down, worry about that first :p

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

When you have a team in the league ill stick you down, worry about that first :p

Hi, I signed on to the league, just PM your bank details and I'll put in the tenner.

Thanks

Hi, I signed on to the league, just PM your bank details and I'll put in the tenner.

Thanks

Its only open to existing league members from the championship and premiership, i listed this in the initial post. Leave it with me though and ill see closer to the time and pm you.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Its only open to existing league members from the championship and premiership, i listed this in the initial post. Leave it with me though and ill see closer to the time and pm you.

Apologies Axwell, I didn't see that, no bother...

• Advertisement

Axwell
    Moz
    Mr Moon
    Future Guy
    BFassassin
    neilhimself
    Bennyc
    Reganoski