Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES/FIFA Forum-Premier League Fantasy Football

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭liam09

i love fantasy

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

liam09 wrote: »
    i love fantasy

Thats great..thanks for sharing that with us

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

So lads after getting this thread setup wheres the banter???

Who you adding to your team, who you dropping?? Will FG's luck continue, who would have predicted Shawcross would do so well??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well im happy enough with my team. Scored well in week one.....complete nightmare in week 2 hurt me though.

Highest scorer for week 3 which puts me back in there.

Ebanks blake and rio ferdinand getting injured was fecking annoying as i had to use transfers when i didnt want to.

I have Clichy, Vermaelen, Evra and Rooney in my team.....and United play Arsenal this week end so im not quite sure what to do about it. Which ever team wins, I'm guessing there wont be a clean sheet so i may leave clichy out to try and avoid costing myself points and using Bobby Zamora this week instead.

Ya gameweek 2 affected people who hadnt done their homework and they suffered because of it but a good week can make all the difference, Rooney has given people a good score this week but a lot of people have the same players like Gerrard and Lampard so its hard to make any head way with them unless they score very high and you have them as your captain..im a liverpool fan but im hoping that Gerrard doesnt do too much as I went with Lampard this week as my captain :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Week 2 was a shocker for me too. But week's 1 and 3 were ok.
    Havent done any transfers yet but I think Fabregas might have to go. His hamstring seems to be acting up again and I'm not sure if Tevez will be given 70+ minutes every week.
    Dafoe to be top scorer? Ahm, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Axwell wrote: »
    , who would have predicted Shawcross would do so well??

Me! Had him in my team last year aswell. Hes a good player to have for the goals alone.

3 weeks running now my captain has done **** with a 4 , 2 and a 4 so far.

Still in the running though, 20 points behind is a big enough gap to try and close. And now with Fabregas possibly out for 3 weeks :(.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Sh!te!! :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

who would have predicted Shawcross would do so well??

Anyone with a passing interest in his performance last year...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I was going to go with Shawcross, but I had Sorensen, and didn't want to rely too much on Stoke at the back but Shawcross was always going up for long throws and getting headers at goal or flick on's.

I actually had Shawcross, Sorensen and Delap in my team at one stage before I got rid. I wish I had of kept all of them now.

I had 2 disasterous gameweeks but I'm still up in 7th. I won't panic just yet! None of my most expensive players have hit form yet: FFL, Stevie G, Superman and Modric.

Looks like I made a massive boo-boo leaving out Glen Johnson though!

• Advertisement

I reviewed my team for an hour last night, and apart from Milijas and Carvalho, I'm actually very happy. On a week where my captain scores 2 and Stevie G, Lampard, Bent and Johnson have FF nightmares, I still score 55! I predict in the next few weeks, they will all click the same gameweek and I'll score about 90. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I think i'm going to wildcard. Due to the fact my mate helped me wit hthe team and it's crap. My own team has more than double points

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Anyone with a passing interest in his performance last year...:D

Players dont always perform as well one season after another though, look at Ronaldo banging in 40 something goals then having an average one the next. Also most people including me have Sorensen in goals and to have a defender and a keeper from the same team, especially not a great one would just be too risky, this is Stoke in fairness not Chelsea. Anyways the midfield and strikers are where the real points are made but when you have a lot of players the same as the teams above you its hard to claw things back so you really need the one or two players you have that they dont to perform..unfortuantely im still waiting for some of mine to kick it up a notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭liam09

i had a shocker this week 44 14 in my head to head but im 3rd in my public arshavin hasent been proforming i had fabregas as captaain this week he got 2 shocking my team is in foster in goal sub golie sorensen my defence toure gallas hangeland zayatte cradock my midfield my strongest part lampard fabregas arshavin rodwell my strikers is keogh and torres i think i will get rooney 3 games 3 goals serious

liam09 wrote: »
    i had a shocker this week 44 14 in my head to head but im 3rd in my public arshavin hasent been proforming i had fabregas as captaain this week he got 2 shocking my team is in foster in goal sub golie sorensen my defence toure gallas hangeland zayatte cradock my midfield my strongest part lampard fabregas arshavin rodwell my strikers is keogh and torres i think i will get rooney 3 games 3 goals serious

This is a discussion solely for those taking part in the xbox fantasy football league about how we are doing in it..its a private competition we have which i dont think you are part of. Theres a general fantasy football thread over on the soccer forum..

Well with Lescott now firmly a City player it looks like Dunne will play his last game on Thur night for City, hopefully Villa pick him up so i dont have to sell him from my team!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Yeah I am in the same boat, I made some fu%k up last weekend when I had 1million in the bank and dropped Evera and left on OShea I bought in Gallas and still had my 1 left over. Now Evera's price went up while Nevelle came back into the squad and I now have to drop Dunne.

Dunnes talking to Villa today so hopefully hes there by the weekend, I wont be getting rid of him!

Some rush of signings going on before the end of the transfer window, Dunne on his way to Villa, Distin to Everton, Huth and Tuncay to Stoke..

This is going to be a tough gameweek for me. Saved my free transfer so I can have 2 next week. I'll probably pay for one transfer too.

• Advertisement

You should be grand this week though, I expect a liverpool backlash after the villa game with big points for Gerrard and Torres..god help anyone with a bolton defender! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

had a look at the top 100 and the amount of people who have used their wildcards already and switched 11 players is unreal. I'm sure with a rejigg I could get more points out of my team but I'm not sure I want to use to yet.

But then, wait too long and you will be too far behind for it to make a difference. its a quandry alright :p

United vs Arsenal is going to make or break my week. Looking forward to it.

You should be grand this week though, I expect a liverpool backlash after the villa game with big points for Gerrard and Torres..god help anyone with a bolton defender! :D

:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    :o

Go on, Ricketts will score a jammy goal and keep a clean sheet, I can see it now! :D

Ok Mystic Moon..we will wait and see how that goes..not holding my breath tho

Pretty good week for everyone really im sure with most people having a few of the high scorers on their team from Cole, Johnson,Lampard, Gerrard, Torres and Drogba..

I said I would use my wildcard before gw7...this week could be the week :)

Have the team ready now and am hovering over the transfer button! Have 0.2 in the back so can wait a day or two before making the final choice.

Balls... I was locked when I picked my team for this week and left Hart in goal instead of Sorensen.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I said I would use my wildcard before gw7...this week could be the week :)

Have the team ready now and am hovering over the transfer button! Have 0.2 in the back so can wait a day or two before making the final choice.

Grow a set and just do it! :D

Then post here and let us know the result of your spending spree!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Just out of curiosity what does 1st place have pointswise?

Advertisement