Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where would I get a room thermometer?

• 24-07-2009 9:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭

Maybe some of you can help me here.

One of our dogs had puppies the other night and we just want to make sure the room they're being kept in is warm enough so I'm looking for a room thermometer.

Smyth's has been tried, as has World of Wonder. Neither had one. I looked at Argos' website who don't have one. I don't fancy spending the afternoon driving to random places that might have one so does anyone have any good ideas of where they can be found?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i'd say the various diy stores would surely be able to sort you out. I'd say its a common enough thing to look for.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Try one of the baby shops - they sell such. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

ziedth wrote: »
    i'd say the various diy stores would surely be able to sort you out. I'd say its a common enough thing to look for.

Yeah you might be right. It's the kind of thing that Argos would normally sell thought which is what threw me. It could be one of those things that falls between the cracks though.

Sully wrote: »
    Try one of the baby shops - they sell such.

Yeah that's why we went to Smyth's and World of Wonder first; they're usually very good for that kind of thing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah that's why we went to Smyth's and World of Wonder first; they're usually very good for that kind of thing.

Try the store in Georges Court?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

mothercare has the grobag thermometer eggs. They are 30 euro but glow blue if room is too cold (under 16 degrees) yellow when right and orange then red when warm and too hot (21/24 degrees).
    Expensive but for babies (and maybe puppies) its great to know from a quick glance....

• Advertisement

Try the store in Georges Court?

Was hoping to avoid having to go to town. (Oh no, this will turn into another "the city centre is dying" thread now :p)
    gibo_ie wrote: »
    mothercare has the grobag thermometer eggs. They are 30 euro but glow blue if room is too cold (under 16 degrees) yellow when right and orange then red when warm and too hot (21/24 degrees).
    Expensive but for babies (and maybe puppies) its great to know from a quick glance....

Yeah I was thinking I wouldn't have to spend 30 quid but if I can't find anoything else, thanks for that. Sounds like a good system.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Was hoping to avoid having to go to town. (Oh no, this will turn into another "the city centre is dying" thread now :p)

Thanks a lot. Talk about not supporting the inner city workers, trying to make a decent living! :(

Try eBay? Or some other online shop?

Thanks a lot. Talk about not supporting the inner city workers, trying to make a decent living! :(

:D
    Try eBay? Or some other online shop?

Nah, that's what I'd do normally but this is one thing that I have to buy today. I'm not used to having to do this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Have you thought of trying a pet-shop??? Pet Mania might have them...

Got one but not after trying a few places. Tried Morris's, a chemist and a pound shop before going to Woodies who had a wall thermometer. It's good though because you reset it and, from that point, it'll record the highest and lowest temperatures as well as showing the current temperature. Exactly what I needed.

Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement