Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Incompetent Councils/NRA

• 24-07-2009 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

What is wrong with these idiots. Why do they have to cut the hedges during the day and esp during rush hour.

They basically shut Galway down yesterday evening to cut hedges on the dual carriageway to Oranmore and I see they are cutting the hedges on the M4 around Maynooth for the last month. They shut down one lane to do this and are really slow moving the cones at the pace of the hedge cutters resulting in one lane being unnessairly closed for miles.

Why cant they do this at night

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Dazzler88

the state are broke as it is,i dont think their going to pay extra expenditure to contractors to do this job at night.This is the case in others countries,i worked Pipelaying in America years ago and we always lay pipes at night,saved getting permisson to close down the road during the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Patrickhegart

Dazzler88 wrote: »
    the state are broke as it is,i dont think their going to pay extra expenditure to contractors to do this job at night.This is the case in others countries,i worked Pipelaying in America years ago and we always lay pipes at night,saved getting permisson to close down the road during the day.

In fairness how much extra would it cost(its only 2 peoples salary after all). There are plenty of people working night shifts for zero extra pay.

Its because of the NRA/councils(they are government bodies afterall) incompetence that they fail to look past this tiny cost leading them to ignore negatives that far outweigh the costs savings potential accidents/lost working hours.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Given how broke the councils are we should be glad they are cutting them at all, and they didn't wait until the schools are back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was to understand that you CANNOT cut hedges in the summer because the birds who flew back to Ireland are living in these bush's.

Apparently you are only supposed to cut them in the Spring or Autumn.

BTW, they are gits as well. The road into Dublin from Galway(cant think of name). The road closed down to 1 lane for around 6 miles because of some moron with a tractor.

What is wrong with these idiots. Why do they have to cut the hedges during the day and esp during rush hour.

I see no problem with cutting hedges during the day once they avoid the rush hours.

In fairness I think its a job best done during the day as it is be much easier for the driver than doing it with lights, some jobs are fine with lights but I think this need day light.

• Advertisement
Advertisement