Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Ryan on RTE Radio 1

Options
  • 24-07-2009 10:43am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Eamon Ryan is on RTE Radio 1 discussion with Pat Kenny on our broadband network, fibre lines etc. Interesting enough conversation with texters challenging him.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

45 minutes of complete waffle , no wonder the country is ****ed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I really wish they'd get someone who knows what they're talking about in opposite Ryan when he's on these shows. Putting text questions to him simply isn't good enough, he blags his way out of everything. Any tech journos I've ever heard seem to all believe the 3G is the great savior too.

I nominate; Sponge Bob and watty!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It is not too long since Eamon Ryan posted on this very forum looking for 'views' on Next Generation Broadband , the mods even stickied it a bit.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055385719&highlight=eamon+ryan

I answered clearly and simply
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57440181&postcount=87

also

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57390649&postcount=21

Most inward investment to Ireland in recent years goes to the first generation of MAN towns + Dublin . These include Galway Cork Limerick Waterford Athlone Tullamore .

They account for 90% of the Investment and just under 50% of the population .

That is why policy should 'level' out the deficits ...within reason . That is what feckin governments are supposed to do :(

We do not have the money to get NGN to every household but we can easily get NGN to within 50km then 30km of every household except that the government has flat out refused to use its assets in an integrated manner to do this .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I listened to a bit and had to turn it off before I blistered the plaster in the room.

It gave him a soap box and reading messages from listeners never counters a politician's Monologue.

When I worked in the BBC the programs had "researchers". The host/interviewer didn't need to understand or reseach any of it. Nowadays the BBC doesn't do science anymore either and is worse than the Mirror for anything Technical.

I'm not up for going on RTE. But the one time I was in a meeting with Mr. Ryan it would have made an interesting broadcast. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

PK read out my email and tonight my speeds are back to normal. Spooky :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

PK read out my email and tonight my speeds are back to normal. Spooky :rolleyes:
    never underestimate the power and reach of...."the kenny".

c'mon, sing it...

whoa-o pat kenny, bam-ba-lam! :D

that'll be stuck in your head now. :P

i didn't catch it, did anything interesting come out of the interview at all or was it all just the usual fluff?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I like Black Betty :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

vibe666 wrote: »
    never underestimate the power and reach of...."the kenny".

c'mon, sing it...

whoa-o pat kenny, bam-ba-lam! :D

that'll be stuck in your head now. :P

i didn't catch it, did anything interesting come out of the interview at all or was it all just the usual fluff?

Haha. Love it.

On a more serious note, it is sickening that Eamon Ryan et al have fallen for the mobile internet hype. It's a way of doing it on the cheap and codding the uninformed masses.

Advertisement