Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up front estate agent fee???

Options
  • 24-07-2009 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to put a house on the market:eek: i know its the worst time possible, but just want rid of it.........

i'm interested to know, do all estate agents charge an up front fee for advertising costs? and what deals has anyone struck with estate agents when selling a house??

surely in this day and age they would be jumping at a chance to sell a property.

any thoughts would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

sell it yourself.

Pay to put it on my home and daft. Errect your own for sale sign. I mean the EA's do little more than this and faciliate viewings.

For the rate they charge its an absolute rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

i agree, but i dont really have the time to organise viewings etc. i dont live in the house, or live near it......so thought the estate agent route would be the most hassle free, be it costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

ok well on your original post yes its pretty normal to get the advertising fee up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Yes EA's do ask to be put in funds for boards and advertising before putting the property up, standard practice these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Instead of asking them to do stuff for you, ring them, and ask about information about houses nearby where you're selling. Ignore the ones that give little info out, and make a list of the ones who are helpful: if they're helpful to someone who wants to buy a house, they'll be helpful to someone wanting to buy your house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭dennistuam

speaking as a ea i dont personlly charge a up front fee
    but many of competitors do or say they do
    but i know they are not geting it from the house seller
    if i thought i had a decent chance of selling it i would gamble on taking it
    adverts serious price
    but if i thought your were looking for a lunney price i would be gone out the door
    where is the house by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

the house is in Lusk Village........still undecided of weather to sell put it on the market now or not. if i dont do it now, i'll have the hassle of maintaining it etc.....which i cant be bothered with tbh. so i just want rid of it at a realistic price, what that will be :rolleyes:

Advertisement