Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evening Courses

Options
  • 24-07-2009 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a college with evening courses available in the Dublin city area that have an affordable fee?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Depends what exactly you're looking for! What subjects are you interested in studying? Are you looking for something which will lead to a qualification or just something to pursue for interest? Are you interested in the social side of a course as well or would distance education suit you more? etc etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Define affordable as well.

UCD have a nice bunch of small interest/credit courses which dont cost the earth.

http://www.ucd.ie/adulted/courses/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

NCI do evening part time courses. Have a look a www.ncirl.ie. They also have some free place available for unemployed students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

DBS do 16 weeks course from what I remember, huge range of subjects as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sar21

Affordable being less than 2000... dbs have a wide range.. was hoping something would jump out at me from their list but still looking!
    Work part time so just looking for something to keep my mind busy and broaden my horizons really!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I'm hopefully going to be doing one of the NCI CIPD courses, all for under €2k. Gets my career back on track and hopefully can move back to Ireland when the job market gets better. I know loads of people who have done them and they're highly recommended.
    What kind of subject are you looking for- something in business, arts, science, computers?? etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Sar21

Was looking for something to do with business or computers. I am just put off by four years duration with the subjects I like.
    Am thinking of doing a business course but again the thoughts of four years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Sar21 wrote: »
    Was looking for something to do with business or computers. I am just put off by four years duration with the subjects I like.

Doesnt have to be 4 years in a row.

I tend to break them down into 2 years at max.

If you look carefully you can find course which you can do piecemeal

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Sar21 wrote: »

As others have said, it doesn't have to be four years.

Some courses will be broken down into Diploma (two years), ordinary degree (an extra year) and an honours degree (an extra year again). The sum total is four years, but at least you get something after the two years and you can decide if you want to continue.

Malahide community school are running a range of very affordable evening classes starting in September - more details can be gotton at this link

• Advertisement
Advertisement